What do you think attracts new ones to the JW organization now?

by cultBgone 43 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

This is an offshoot from the JWs Then and Now thread...it made me wonder what exactly people find attractive about the cult today? Why are they joining? Any thoughts?

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

laziness

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

The not dying stuff probably

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Kingdumb fantasies.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

One poster said on another thread that there are three types of witnesses. 1. Those raised in 2. those who have had something traumatic or life changing in their lives causing them to search for reason 3. And then those who are just bat-s*** crazy

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

having answers to all of lifes questions, instant friends

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Justvisiting: " having answers to all of lifes questions,..."

If anyone thinks that the JWs answer any of life's questions, they are sure as hell asking the wrong questions.

• millie210
    millie210

Seems like a lot of people who have problems fitting in to mainstream society are finding a "home" in the congregation. It is a very structured life and people "have" to show you equality.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I don't think new ones are being attracted and joining - not in the developed world. If they do have an initial attraction, it might be to the paradise earth, see dead loved ones again, etc. doctrines, but once they do a little questioning and research, it's over. Out of several English congregations in my city, I haven't seen a single new person come in in many years - not even the crazy kind.

By "new ones", I mean outsiders - not born-ins and others who have family already in. I think the growth in the developed world is coming from inside.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

At a guess I would say the new converts are migrants from mainly Catholic countries who are having trouble fitting into society in their adopted country, so they join the JWs to have some sort of social group. Migrants have always made up a percentage of new converts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit