What do you think attracts new ones to the JW organization now?

by cultBgone 43 Replies latest jw friends

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Third world countries, have been abused by large main stream Churches,

like the Dutch Reform in South Africa, the Catholic Church in Latin America,

Colonizer churchers, people still want to worship God and the WT presents itself

as "rule free" like its simple , safe and friendly, and you can drink alcohol, dance,

and at first it all seems harmless, till they get involved and the rules become like

a chain link fence around their lives, to some this feels safe.

• Pterist
    Pterist

The sexless paradise is obviously a big motivator :D

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Some think the JWs helped them and their lives are better.

Some think they will find a happy family life. Fullfills pre-expectation that the out side could not satisfy.

• SophieG
    SophieG

People who already live in a "box".

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The Watchtower's paradise earth marketing strategy... They know that most people would rather live for ever on earth then fly around the boring heavens for eternity doing who knows what... So they have exploited this niche in the market much to the benefit of the Rothschild family.

• krejames
    krejames

What Magwitch said

And yes it does seem to tick all the boxes for "ready" answers until and if further proper research undertaken.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The attractive, nicely dressed women. Only thing positive the cult has going for itself.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Most JW converts are not very knowledgeable of the bible and come from churches where the bible is not used much to back up the teachings. As a result, they tend to be impressed with, and easily deceived by, JWs at door using (really misusing) the bible to support their teachings. Their lack of understanding of the bible makes it easy for JWs to misuse the bible to ensnare them.

You do not find many JW converts from churches that study the bible deeply. They tend to come from churches that do very little actual bible study and which teach a lot of error. This also explains why most JWs believe the Watchtower's claims that all the other churches are deep in error and don't have anything near to the kind of deep bible study and spiritual food that the JWs have. Most JWs, being converts from shallow churches, can personally identify with Watchtower's sweeping blanket statements and there are very few if any JWs from deep study churches to spot the error in such blanket claims.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Island Man,

I find your analysis perceptive because I agree with it. When my family was active, most converts were former Roman Catholics. Before Vatican II, Catholics, in general, had no clue what the Bible contained. I thought Witnesses had keen Bible insight b/c they knew where to stick a finger to find Bible books. It was only when I studied the Bible reading it as a book that I realized what frauds the Witnesses were.

I wonder about people who believe God works through them, talks to them, cavorts with them. There is not much humility present. It would be nice if public schools taught the Bible as history. Comparative religion would be great, too. Such items can be taught in public schools.

I had easy conversational access to a lot of seminary educated people. When I asked a Bible question, no one had any definitive answer. Does God look in our hearts and sees our actions or is it some detailed Bible analysis necessary?

Anyway, mainstream Protestants were very hard to catch as converts. Notice how the Pentecostals scooped up Catholics in Latin America.

• emeth
    emeth

i mention a few

they dont kill eachother in wars

they dont give in to authorian regimes

they are united , are taught the same and act the same everywhere on this planet

they help eachother in times and situation of need

they give you their stuff and time for free

they are extremily organised

they are honest (for example at circuit assemblies i always leave my bag with photo and video camera, my tablet and wallet at my seat and that impressed the interested ones that accompany me to those meetings)

everyone is equal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit