What Is The World View Of America?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of people felt that the USA's reputation was terrible, especially under President Bush. Then Obama became President and we heard how the rest of the world felt that finally they had a person that would respect them and their views and work with them! The new President even ot a Nobel Peace Prize because of the world's perception.

What's your view of America? Fo you think the USA is respected more than they were a few years ago?

• Laika
    Laika

I've always liked Americans, you guys are delightful.

Blair was as bad as Bush so we can hardly criticise.

• minimus
    minimus

I like America too, warts and all.

• prologos
    prologos

I enjoyed very much living in the US, great people. politics hard to fathom, finances? how could that happen.

I was struck by the protocol of Prs. Obama visiting the pope and being made to sit like suppliant in front of the business-like work desk of Francis the fanatastic.

The scene of the world view is changing.

CNN endlessly talking Plane, while PUTIN sets up his chess pieces.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hope to visit NY in December.

I love the defence for principles founded in freedom, despite recent sidetracks, and the history of the country is so exciting. Good V's Evil and the fight to be who you want to be.

I am glad a secular element is devloping once more, the founding fathers made clear the seperation of church and state. I hope to see further release of the state from the neocons and lost liberals that hold onto draconian religious symbolism. America is all about freedom, including the right to worship or not... and for that I am very envious. Envious of the romantic history of the people that made it happen.

One thing I am sad to see held so dear to american hearts is rejection of a health care system. It is just so silly. The video I posted on the thread about the deaf woman who can now hear again following cochlear implants..... all free. The only cost being the taxi to the hospital! American's need to come to the uk and europe and see free health care. It is far from perfect, but it is by FAR the best solution.

Snare

• minimus
    minimus

I've met a lot of Brits over the years and they have all been very positive about America.

The first time I went to Caracas, a number of years ago, I saw people who hated America. The newspapers were alll pro Soviet and anti-American.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's the only place other than England that I would consider living in.

By 'eck, they even speak a sub-set of English!

George

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I really love the US of A. Would love to visit or live. Not sure about O Bummer though.

You guys are fab, so polite and positive.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't know what you mean by America. It seems our world view has changed a lot from the Bush to the Obama administrations. There is the American character- the will do anything that DeTocqueville noted. I don't know much about Syria, the Middle East, China, Russia. The New York Times is my addiction. Unless it were part of my job, I would not learn the basics. It is strange b/c I always wanted to attend Council on Foreign Relations events.

I do no know there is a big difference between East Coast elites and the rest of the country.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I've been to ny twice (pretty sure it was Long Island if that's in ny) and I really liked it.

As far as what I think of Americans I really only know as much as there are a lot of religious groups and obesity is a problem.

Other than that I only know what I see from a few crazies on TV. And trust me there are a lot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit