Why JWs don't celebrate Mother's day

by Laika 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Outlaw, I thought it was birthdays that created the risk of losing your head, not mother's day.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, I thought it was birthdays that created the risk of losing your head, not mother's day...... NewYork44M

..................................Mother Watchtower Lops Off JW Heads For Any Reason..

............................A 2 Door Car?!!..

...................That`s No Good For FS!!..

................................................................................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Heaven
    Heaven

Besides things being 'pagan' in origin, the other reason I was told that celebrations could not happen was if that celebration elevated a person above others or put them on a pedestal.

I would counter with "Well, doesn't a marriage ceremony or anniversary do the same thing?"

Always the silence and the deer-in-the-headlights look. Always.

• Laika
    Laika

the other reason I was told that celebrations could not happen was if that celebration elevated a person above others or put them on a pedestal.

Creature worship! I've heard that too but I don't think the Watchtower puts that in print too much because it sounds crazy. (as it is crazy!)

Even the Society accepts that the Jews had a lot of holidays, JWs could borrow some Jewish days or invent their own but they don't because that doesn't crush your identity like nearly banning them all together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit