Jehovah is evil

by cookiemaster 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

Cofty well spotted with my typo, it's actually the L-enantiomer that is commonly found in nature. The left if you please. But there is nothing magic about it, in the lab a racemic mixture is formed. Scientists know there is a scientific explaination for it, we are just waiting for it to be discovered. This fuels my enquiry so I am not filling in gaps.

Once science has discovired why in nature mainly L-enantiomers are formed, it will not negate the idea of a creator, believers will still believe and skeptics will still be skeptical. Such is life.

CM, thanks for respecting my position and I respect yours, you make some good points.

Kate xx

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I believe in Jesus and the fact that he is our Redeemer,

Satan never killed anyone in the Bible.

I don't have much time for the God of the OT. I agree with Kate that much of the OT was written by men who had an "agenda", controlling the masses and women. Making their enemies and neighbours fearful as they had "Jehovah protection" , it's still taught in the KH's up to the present as well!!

I like Snare & Racket's post in another subject yesterday (I think), about how to read the Gospel accounts as a story, rather than indivudual verses as the Borg does. You get a good picture of Jesus' life and the good he did.

• cofty
    cofty

Scientists know there is a scientific explaination for it, we are just waiting for it to be discovered.

It has been explained already. I will post a thread for you later.

• cofty
    cofty

I believe in Jesus and the fact that he is our Redeemer...I don't have much time for the God of the OT. - Quelly

Jesus worshipped and adored the god of the OT and taught his followers to do likewise.

"you must love the Lord your God with all your heart..."

The dichotmomy between OT god and Jesus is a modern invention with no foundation in reality.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

There is a tremendous disconnect between the God of the old testament and the God of the new testament. It simply makes no sense to believe that God would have such disparity in standards and ways of dealings with issues. The Bible says that Jesus and Jehoober think alike as if they are one. How can you then conciliate the understanding, mercy, forgiveness and patience of Jesus with the violence and brutality of Jehoober in pre-christian times? Wasn't Jesus sitting beside the father, while he was ordering murder, rape, slavery etc etc?

• BU2B
    BU2B

Thanks for posting that Cofty.. Pure gold. I doubt JWs ever put themselves in the shoes of the israelite troops getting the orders and slaughtering the helpless, or put themselves in the shoes of the victims. At the DC they always say to put yourself in the shoes of the charachters.. hear the sounds, smell the smells.. Maybe for family worship we should review these accounts and try to put ourselves in their place.. Make the Bible Come alive! as they say

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The bible is a patch work of thoughts, stories, from other culture's including god and all bis attributes, the rest is Jewish propaganda. The story of the great king Solomon all there military victories all propaganda.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I cannot live without my belief in God. To my mind it is the bleakest thing of all to be atheist. Surely then a person is truly alone.

Too many times my prayers have been answered. I often feel I only need ask and I get the help I need.

I just think being cynical and world weary is not the answer to anything. I prefer to keep an open heart and talk to God. What else is there otherwise. We are all going to die, it is up to each of us to develop ourselves spiritually with all the opportunities we have here while we have the precious gift of life.

The rest of us also want to believe that there is a god, but why ignore reason and logic, to force yourself to believe there is man in the sky looking out for you? If so many of your prayers have been answered, why not start praying about something tangible and palpable? Let's start by praying to God to get rid of all cancer by next week!! Please pray to God during this week and report back to us on how well that worked.

You see, it's very easy to pray to god for subjective things like " God, please give me strenght to face this issue" or " Please let me be happier moving foward" or some nonsese like that. Instead, ask for objective things. As i mentioned, start by asking for a cure for cancer by next week, then ask God to let food rain from the sky onto the starving people from Africa.

I can assure you that the millions of people dying of starvation in Africa have asked God millions upon millions of times the same thing and nothing happened. But since he seems to listen to you, perhaps you can give it a shot as they would be eternally grateful!

Please do us a favor and ask God for these two things then report back to us by the end of the week. Certainly God must want to do this too, because he knows that by doing this, all of us who have doubts of his existence would to become believers as well, so everybody wins.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

The jehovah god worshipped in the bible is not the Father in Heaven Jesus spoke of. Jesus never mentions this jehovah yahweh evil god of murder and genocide. This seems more like a satanic god, who mimics the True God who Jesus spoke of. The god who misleads the entire inhabited earth is the jehovah yahweh god in my opinion.

Shana

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Thanks Cofty ! That's an awesome exercise when it comes to understanding the atrocities in the bible. I wonder why they don't this sort of thing at convention as BU2B said. And yes, Jesus did worship Jehobler or whatever his name is.

Redvip - I think the disconnect comes from the difference in culture. The OT was written mainly by ancient Middle Eastern tribesmen and thus reflects their thinking. The NT was however written by people in a different culture in the first century AD. They were now a mix of jews and romans, culturally speaking. This different culture, had different values, thinking, social structure, etc and the NT reflects that. That's were the disconnect lies in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit