Jehovah is evil

by cookiemaster 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Going to the meetings and hearing them say how loving is our god disgusts me. Jehovah is actually a mass murdered. There's an interesting website called evilbible.com, were all god's murders are listed. Basically this all too loving god would put Bin Laden's crimes to shame. The bible crearly states how Jehoobla orders mass murder, rapes , pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and many more evil things.

He kills a lot of innocent children. Furthermore, a lot of people are killed for really stupid reasons like children being brats, being curious about the ark, refusing to hit a prophet when asked to, preventing the ark from falling over and many more. He orders the Isrealites to show no mercy and kill everything in the path of their invasions, including children animals and sometimes even trees. Jokehova was sadistic from the very start. He creates a "perfect" environment, but allows the devil to roam free in it and tempt them. Also, they are held responsible for eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, BEFORE they possessed the knowledge of good and evil.

He commands that rapists to marry the women they raped after paying some money to the father. What kind of lunatic god would make a rape victim marry her attacker? He orders that girls who aren't virgins on their wedding night to be killed with stones. Nobelievers should also be killed, people that don't listen to prophets, those working on Sabbath, etc, etc. He also doesn't apply the punishments objectively because his favorites, such as king David, are exempt from the death penalty usually imposed.

So my question is, how can JW's, and christians in general, who brag about knowing the bible so well, claim Jeehoba is a god of love and worship him. I'm an atheist now (obciously) but even in the absurd that god would actually exist, I would refuse to worship such an evil creature. A lot of so called pagan gods seem morally superior to the judeo-christian god. So how can they not realise this ? How can anyone say god is anything but evil ? Isn't Satan better since he's not described of doing so many heinous acts ? What do you think ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Man created god in his own image. The desert tribes that created Yahweh were a merciless, genocidal, mysogynistic lot, hence their god is too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Cookie, you're definately not the first person to think this way, and you definately won't be the last, either.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yes, he is evil.

Exodus 15:3: The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is his name! - NLT

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - KJV

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think what you read about God in the bible is all nonesense, the bible is not from God. It was written by men to control women and the vulnerable. All the scaremongering in the bible about God killing is to make people submissive to the leaders and bible wirters.

I think God created the universe and he has no interest in humans. I do not think he punishes or rewards people like the bible descrbes. I just think he is indifferent and letting humans, animals and plants just work it out for ourselves.

Kate xx

• BU2B
    BU2B

CM- I agree 100% and have checked out the evilbible website, and it is powerful seeing all of the cruelty in one place. It is hard to see how JWs can sit there and gush about Joke-hovah week after week studying the "Draw Close" book, but just reading the OT gives a totally diffrent view. The god they worship IS partial, contradictory, jealous, violent whilst condeming violence, sexist, genocidal and the list goes on. Yet they DO NOT see this and say how loving he is and how love is the dominant quality. Delusions of the highest order.

Also confirmation bias is at work. If they believe he is a loving God, they will focus on the accounts that can be seen as loving, while largely ignoring and excuing everything else. If you still cant grasp why god would order mass killings, then "wait on Jehovah" he will "clear it up" in "his due time".

Cofty had a good post I cant find now where he described the scene as Moses discovered the army had saved the king and the women and children of a city they had sacked. Imagine the terror after Moses commanded they be killed as well, as the soldiers advance to begin the blood and guts slaughter. The fields must have been drenched in blood!

Check out this video from christian apologist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWnFFbAts0

• Heaven
    Heaven

Religions maneuver people through the Bible, picking scriptures that support their doctrines/agendas. If you read the Bible without their filters and interpretations, you get a very different picture.

The Bible can be and has been used to do immeasurable good... and immeasurable harm.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there is not a more repulsive, disgusting filthy diety then this evil Hebrew God of the OT, strike me down son of a whore!

• LillyC
    LillyC

Hi,

I am new here and just trying to work out how to use this forum.

My personal belief is that God is certainly not evil, he is the source of pure love. He gave humankind the ability to know wrong from right. So it is up to us how we behave whilst on this earth. It is mans inhumanity to man that is evil.

I cannot live without my belief in God. To my mind it is the bleakest thing of all to be atheist. Surely then a person is truly alone.

Too many times my prayers have been answered. I often feel I only need ask and I get the help I need.

I just think being cynical and world weary is not the answer to anything. I prefer to keep an open heart and talk to God. What else is there otherwise. We are all going to die, it is up to each of us to develop ourselves spiritually with all the opportunities we have here while we have the precious gift of life.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Phizzy - I agree entirely. The bible is quite clearly a creation of ancient Middle Eastern desert tribes. The old testament so clearly reflects that.

Vidiot - Glad I'm not alone.

Heaven - He seems to be a warlord. But apparently, according to JW's, he hates the ones who love violence. Quite paradoxal.

KateWild - The problem is, that the bible gave us our notion of god. Would you even considered the concept of a god that created the universe without the influence of the bible ? Why not multiple gods why even some different entity ? The people in the western culture, including you, have their concept of god from christendom and it's holy book, the bible. Without this influence it's possible that you wouldn't even have considered such a concept and found a completely different explanation. So, I think that in the western world the monotheistic concept of an all powerful, all whatever, god that created the universe was created by christendom and their bible. You can't sepparate these two.

BU2B - Exactly ! Confirmation bias is extremely powerful in JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit