Jehovah is evil

by cookiemaster 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

You lucky, lucky girl Lilly.

You just ask & God gives you just what you need?

Do you think god didn't help this little girl because she was too young to put into words what she needed?

Just a thought.

kevin-carter-vulture

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Lilly ..... please know that on jwn you are free to feel

as you do.

There are many on here who have been really 'hurt'

by religion of many sorts. Each one is at a different part

of their healing/growth.

Stay as sweet as you are Lilly ....but keep your eyes & ears

open! :-)

all the best to you

clarity

• Heaven
    Heaven

LillyC said: My personal belief is that God is certainly not evil, he is the source of pure love.

Hi LillyC and welcome to the forum. Please reconcile for us the contradiction of your statement versus Isaiah 45:7.

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - KJV

I do not understand how someone can be 'the source of pure love' when they are the creator of evil.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

LillyC - Hi Lilly ! Welcome ! About god being the source of pure love. Well, it depends which god you are referring to. If you're talking about the god from the bible, then I have to respectfully disagree. The bible clearly states his actions, and he is without a doubt evil. I don't see how a murderer could be the source of love.

• KateWild
    KateWild

So, I think that in the western world the monotheistic concept of an all powerful, all whatever, god that created the universe was created by christendom and their bible. You can't sepparate these two. - CM

Why not? I choose to that is what I think at the moment, I have read the bible enough to know it's written by men and it's not inspired. I have studied Chemistry enough to see the principles that govern the forming of entantiomers that make me believe in a creator. I have sucessfully separated the two. That is my choice, if you cannot then that is your choice.

Kate xx

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

There's no god at all. The in bible literature is pure evil. He can stop all suffering now, but he don't want to.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Kate, you have every right to believe that. Everyone should be allowed to make their own choices and form their own beliefs. Nevertheless, in my mind, these two go together. I want to make clear that when I'm talking about god, I'm talking about christianity's idea of god, not necessarily some unknown force or entity that might have created our universe. However, as long as there's no scientific evidence that proves the existance of such a being, I remain skeptical. Since such an entity would not meddle in Earth's affairs, I don't see why I should care about it's existence either.

• cofty
    cofty

I have studied Chemistry enough to see the principles that govern the forming of entantiomers that make me believe in a creator.

I think you mean enantiomers.

The "righthandedness" of life has been solved. It turned out not to be magic.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Cofty- Could you possibly post what you said about Moses ordering the cowering women and children be slaughterd? You put it in such a vivid, powerful way.

• cofty
    cofty

Could you possibly post what you said about Moses ordering the cowering women and children be slaughterd?

From the Soldiers of Jah thread...

Scenario 1

You are camped on the east side of the Jordan waiting for orders to cross into the Promised Land. Moses is nearing the end of his life but he has some unfinished business to take care of before he hands over to Joshua. He announces that he has had an instruction from God to take revenge on the Midianites before he dies.

The ensuing battle is a complete rout, not one Israelite soldier is killed in return for the complete annihilation of the Midianite army. You return to camp with a massive amount of spoil including tens of thousands of women and children. As you keep guard the commanders go off to report back to Moses. A while later they return with new instructions - Moses is furious about the prisoners of war and wants them separated into groups. The rest of the afternoon is spent separating the youngest girls from the rest of the captives. Its a horrifying task, the cries and of the mothers and the hysterical pleadings of the young girls is very distressing. When its over there are 32,000 girls who your commander says are to be shared out, 16,000 to the army and 16,000 to the rest of the families of Israel.

Cowering in front of you is a mass of terrified humanity, tens and tens of thousands of women and boys, some are only just too young to have fought with their fathers and brothers, others are just babes in arms clinging to their mothers, blissfully unaware of their fate. Now the order comes that you have been dreading. Moses’ command from Yahweh is that every one of them is to be put to death.

As your fellow soldiers unsheathe their swords and move towards the crowd there is a growing cacophony of screams. The women cover their children in a vain attempt to protect them from the massacre. Bodies are being dragged from the heap to uncover babies underneath so they too can be dispatched.

So what do you hope you would have the courage to do?

Faithfully carry out God’s command through Moses, or refuse to follow orders?

Scenario 2

Moses has died and the leadership has passed on to Joshua. The nation has crossed the Jordan and the city of Jericho was defeated miraculously. The next military target is the city of Ai. Yahweh has assured Joshua that the city will be easily defeated and the army have been given permission to take spoils of war.

Joshua has a plan and you are assigned to be part of a group of 30,000 of the best soldiers who are to sneak around the back of the city during the night and lie in wait. Joshua leads another section who moves out in front of the city gates towards Bethel. In the morning the men of Ai set out to repel Joshua’s frontal attack but the Israelite army flee with the Canaanite army in pursuit. With the city unguarded your section invades Ai and sets it on fire before marching out to help Joshua surround the men of Ai. The bluff works like a treat and victory is quick and decisive. You are excited now at the thought of getting straight back to Ai to discover what riches it may have to plunder.

Then comes that order again that you have been dreading. Before anybody gets to search out any valuables there is a job to do. The army is commanded to first go through the city carefully searching every house and execute every last woman and child. As you kick doors open you find women and children cowering together pleading for their lives.

Faithfully carry out God’s command through Joshua, or refuse to follow orders?

Scenario 3

The nation has been settled in the Promised Land for about 400 years. Your parents have often told you the old stories about the exploits of your ancestors who fought under Moses and Joshua and conquered the land. Israel has its first king now and you are proud to be a soldier in Saul’s army just like your forebears. Mostly your battles are defending the borders of Israel from hostile neighbours but then one day right out the blue you receive a strange instruction. You are ordered to muster at a town called Telaim, when you arrive you see that there are 200,000 foot soldiers as well as another 10,000 from the tribe of Judah. Something big must be happening.

Samuel addresses the troops and tells them he has had a word from Yahweh. Four centuries ago when your forefathers were leaving captivity in Egypt the Amalekites had attacked them in the desert at Rephidim. Joshua defeated them but not without a number of Israelite casualties. Now all these centuries and many generations later, Samuel says that God wants revenge on the descendants of those Amalekites.

Then comes the order you were dreading, “Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys”.

Faithfully carry out God’s command through Samuel, or refuse to follow orders?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit