News article: Watchtower buys former motel

by AndersonsInfo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I bet the ones in charge of the WT purse strings had plenty of long, heated arguments about purchasing this hotel.

Or, a long term purpose was rationalized for the purchase that justified the outlay of money - perhaps a place for WT branch representatives from around the world to be housed when visiting the 'world headquarters'...or the Society sees the income potential of owning a nearby hotel during assembly weekends.

If an experiment of this sort works, maybe it will be applied to many town that have JW owned assembly halls.

ginger

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

They didn't do too badly buying real estate over the years. The Bates Motel-------ha ha.

• Listener
    Listener

When you've got free labour to re-do a Motel to it's original state, it is very easy to make money.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Please, can someone posts here a picture of Watchtower spokesman Richard Devine?

Scott77

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WATCHOWER LAND LORD photo news017.jpg

....................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Dagney
    Dagney

Smart business decision, which is what they are...a business.

Make no mistake, no matter what they tell the adherents why they do things, all decisions are made to insure the existence of the corporation.

I do hope they plan on housing some of the older folks. I know that was an idea put forth years ago by one of the money guys.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

They'll just use the place for now, fix it up then sell it for a higher price in the future...new reality show "flip the hotel"...and they used volunteer labor to do it all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit