CO visit

by thedog1 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedog1
    thedog1

It's the CO visit in our hall this week. Last night he gave a talk about all the changes that have taken place in the last few years, like the change in the book study arrangement and the changes in public forms of witnessing, the rise and importance of jw.org. He then emphasised what our reaction to these should be. That we should make more efforts to do more in the preaching work, have a family worship evening, and make sure our behaviour was good. When we got home my wife, who does not really doubt at all, said, 'now I feel even more guilty.'

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Gotta keep up with the chariot.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's the whole point, really. Do more, give more, slave more. The Organization is a parasite feeding off the souls of the members. You have deluded leaders with corrupted thinking, they project their own issues onto the flock. The leaders are lacking spiritually, their solution is visible works. They project that upon others. It's a top-down hierarchy.

It started when Rutherford took over. All who were spiritually more developed left. Those that stayed were those who Rutherford could control. Now the Organization attracts the same kind of people. It's a vicious cycle. Nothing is ever good enough for the leaders, despite what they may say about GOD being satisfied with your best efforts. They say this, but then constantly suggest that you are not doing your best. Therefore GOD cannot be satisfied with you efforts at this time. The solution? DO MORE. It never ends because those who follow the party line become the next leaders. They are not doing enough in their warped minds, by extension, neither are you.

The best thing you can do is reason with you wife NOW. Strike while she has these feelings. Her subconscious knows that something is wrong. Tell her that a loving GOD does not motivate his children through guilt. Let her know that you love her unconditionally, despite how the ORG makes her feel. That's what she needs.

DD

• KateWild
    KateWild

When we got home my wife, who does not really doubt at all, said, 'now I feel even more guilty.' - thedog1

This org is making your wife ill, it's a dangerous cult and she needs to be protected from the COs especially. Tell her she has nothing to feel guilty about and that she is a good person. Like DD said tell her how much you love and care for her, this is evident to me that you do.

It sounds to me like your wife is tired out by all the rituals such as meetings, study, field servive and family worship. These rituals crowd out normal living and keep her busy doing mindless tasks. Sounds to me like she has had enough. I am thinking of her.

Kate xx

• minimus
    minimus

The more you feel that you must do, the less time you have to think about things. It is endless.........

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Listen, Obey, and be blessed.

The WT teaches that being human and alive is a bad thing.

In their perfect world all people are nothing more then robots without human needs. No need for feelings, family, recreation, eating, drinking, health, wait a second they are talking about that at the district convention this year :)

This is a perfect JW .....

• pronomono
    pronomono

This org is making your wife ill.

It's making all of us ill that still attend, whether we are oblivious and pushing forward or awakened and attending only for family's sake. I've never been more depressed and just overall disheartened than having to deal with knowing the truth about the WTBTS and our beliefs.

• humbled
    humbled

EoM,

I'm laughing---but surely They would allow that even a perfect JW requires this one thing for HS to work properly: a cup of Starbucks.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I feel you pronomono.. I feel the same way.. When will it end? Will we keep doing this for years? It isnt easy to stop now, but I think it will only get harder.. We only live once for a short time. Is it worth it to waste even one year of our precious lives? Should we just rip the band-aid off istead of prolonging the misery? These are questions I am asking myself now.

• BU2B
    BU2B

The CO visits are all about Guilt guilt and more guilt. Collective guilt as a congregation, and as individuals. He never seems to emphasize christian qualites, only more FS, more hours, more studies, better meeting attendance etc.

I think the high rate of mental and emotianal issues among JWs is DUE TO the constant guilt and fear they are under. They think the only thing helping are the meetings when in reality that is the source of their problem, or exacerbating them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit