Mr. Pierce...Mr. Pierce...Mr. Pierce... Mr. Guy Pierce

by confusedandalone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Ezekiel 43:8-9

Now let them remove their fornication and the carcasses of their kings far from me, and I shall certainly reside in the midst of them to time indefinite.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I apologize in advance to those with loved ones still stuck in the WTBTS. I hope that those left on the GB are less reasonable than Mr. Pierce, so that JWs may awaken quicker. I don't like wishing anything bad on people, but it seems that JWs are more likely to awaken the more the GB demands that JWs work harder and give more.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• shadow
    shadow

Another sign that the GB is far above the amhaarets No other JW will get their whitewashed life story posted when they die. Good thing we have no clergy class and that we are all brothers

• sir82
    sir82

In a statement, his fellow members of the Governing Body commented on “his solid faith and firm stand for Jehovah’s laws and principles,” adding: “Our memories of his courageous and faithful earthly life course will continue to strengthen us for years to come.”"

Odd.

I could have sworn that scripture in John 13 read differently than "By this all will know you are my disciples, if you take a firm stand for Jehovah's laws and principles."

It's kind of sad & pathetic, really. One of your top guys dies, and the best you can say about him is, essentially, "he was really obedient"?

I'm also curious, in what ways did Pierce "show courage" as brought out there? He lived as a pioneer, CO, and GB member for most of his adult life. Was this "courage" shown in dealing with grumpy BOEs, or what?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

sir82: Guy Pierce the GB member courageously endured sharing his name with one of the aussie actors from the movie Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

----->>> ConfusedAndAlone ... The reason Guy Hollis Pierce could be married in 1977 with his obituary saying he had 6 children, is because of the 2 women that he married.

He was married the first time to a divorcee with children when he was 21 years old. His bride was from Mendocino, California. Her name was Eva.

One year after his divorce from Eva, he married again.

When he married his second wife "Penny" she too was a divorcee with children.

Guy Pierce has 6 step-children, and those step-children have children and grandchildren.

I posted a new thread about it a few hours ago.

I too read his obituary at JW.org.

It was pretty pathetic.

I really wonder how many Elders or Lawyers it took to write it.

LoisLane

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    She said after reading the article about the death of Guy Pierce she noticed that they never refered to him as Brother Pirce. She said everytime they mentioned his name they refered to him as Mr. Pierce.

Same reason you won't find the Revelation or Daniel books available for download on the JW website. Because they don't want to seem completely insane to non-members.

It's definately a PR piece.

Of course. It's the JW equivalent of 12.5% of the pope dying, which is 'obviously' deserving of media attention.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Guy Pierce once visited as at the Branch (Zone Overseer) and couldn't stop talking about Hawaii and how that was his most favorite assignment. I think it took a lot of courage to be a Pioneer in Hawaii. All these surfers and people with a good Life, going out there in a polyester suit and condemning everything that is fun. I must say THAT takes guts to do.

Surfer Guy

• Oubliette
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Interesting point about not refering to him as brother. It just goes to show keeping up appearances is more important than being loving to the flock. I bet there will be an article in the study WT with him being refered to as brother.

We can clearly see the different faces of WT, one for the public, one for the members, one for the elders and one for the GB.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit