Mr. Pierce...Mr. Pierce...Mr. Pierce... Mr. Guy Pierce

by confusedandalone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

A few minuites ago talking to my sister who is finally seeing the Watchtower for what it is and is scrutinizing it alot brought something to myu attention that troubled my longtime JW mother dearly. She said after reading the article about the death of Guy Pierce she noticed that they never refered to him as Brother Pirce. She said everytime they mentioned his name they refered to him as Mr. Pierce.

My sister said that maybe they are trying to gear the article for Worldly ones and so they keep saying "Mr. Pierce"?My mother immediately went into a rage and said, "WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT. JW.ORG IS FOR US!!! NOT WORLDLY PEOPLE!!!"

SHe then said she asked her if she thinks thatmaybe Mr. Pierce was not in good standing or something toward the end. Afterall she sees no reason to refer to our loving brother as MR. just because worldly ones might read it.

After looking at the article she is right. They say "Mr. Pierce" every time they refer to him.

She also said that she is concerned by the last sentence of the article that reads, "In a statement, his fellow members of the Governing Body commented on “his solid faith and firm stand for Jehovah’s laws and principles,” adding: “Our memories of his courageous and faithful earthly life course will continue to strengthen us for years to come.”"

hmmm i wonder why that sentence bothers her ROFL

• cofty
    cofty

That's weird.

The bortherhood is making a transition to become a faceless corporation

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

At first I did just laugh this off... but after reading it, I was a little taken aback as well. after all he was a GB and everyone no doubt viewed him as such a "loving brother"...

Maybe they are trying to get rid of the lovey dovey BS and just turn to printing articles for the "friends" to read in their spare time - BUT STILL DONATE VERY VERY WELL for

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

It's a press release. It's written exactly like a press release for public publication (as if...)

Note the final part:

Media Contact(s):

International: J. R. Brown, Office of Public Information, tel. +1 718 560 5000

What average dub would care about that?

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I too noticed this thing. I feel like need to vomit when I remember that I used to look up to those men as if they were rockstars.

I might open up a champagne to celebrate his "retirement"

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

It may be written for the press... however calling him mr. Pierce does sound odd to me. Apparently my longtime witness diehard mom as well.

I also wonder if anyone will do the math and wonder how he could get married in 1977 have 6 kids and then by 1997 have raised them all leave them to take care of tgemselves and go to bethel

• zound
    zound

It's definately a PR piece. Notice this part...

"Mr. and Mrs. Pierce became full-time Bible instructors (referred to by Witnesses as regular pioneers)"

And they couldn't resist using his death annoincement to plug their religion:

"Mr. Pierce was the chairman for the 129th annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, on the weekend of October 5 and 6, 2013. A total audience of 1,413,676 in 31 countries attended the event either in person or via webcast. According to the Witnesses’ official website, this was the largest gathering of Jehovah’s Witnesses to date."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Expect the exact opposite as these liars/Governing Body speak with forked tongue:

“Our memories of his courageous and faithful earthly life course will continue to strengthen us for years to come.”"

Expect instead harsher treatment as perhaps maybe a voice of reason silenced for ever. I don't know Guy P. but I do think he was perhaps less of a tyrant than those left remaining? I don't know.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Frankie atleast the gb expects the system to be around for yeeeears to come.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit