Mr. Pierce...Mr. Pierce...Mr. Pierce... Mr. Guy Pierce

by confusedandalone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• pixel
    pixel

I noticed this too. I know its a piece of PR, but the "misternes" is a little weird. I mean, the person speaking is a brother talking about another brother. Why not refer to him as such? Whatever.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The GB members said (paraphrase), 'Our memories of him will strengthen us for years to come'???

The great trib. and their rapture to heaven is any minute and they'll be sitting next to him on their celestial thrones. What 'years'? Don't they believe what they write? [Rhetorical question - no answer required.]

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

That is exactly my point kate. My mom the longtime zealous gb worshipper sees this as a slap in the face.

The diehards who really believe this swill have no idea why the true representative of jah cares about P.R.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Annomaly... imagine what the r and f think of that

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Kate, We can clearly see the different faces of WT, one for the public, one for the members, one for the elders and one for the GB.

This is one of the hallmarks of a cult:

• steve2
    steve2

Wouldn't it be more Watchtower-ish to talk about Mr Pierce's life course 'strengthening us in the very short time remaining' rather than "for years to come." What with the move to Walkill and a more glossy internet window-shop to the "public" and now "professionalized" obituaries, looks like the organization is bedding down for the long haul. To think this man was born more than 20 years into the so-called time of the end looks like the long haul is a belated sendible shift.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit