What do you think are the future doctrine changes will be?

by thedepressedsoul 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Ok, I'm back. This is what I forsee. This is supposition just like when we use to go out in service and ramble about upcoming changes, nothing more.

144,000- No longer really matters as Sir82 so eloquently pointed out. It is a no-brainer. Get rid of the acutal number or else just minimize any importance to it and those that partake....they have no say anyways.

DO and CO- Well, call me the prognosticator of prognosticators cause I just read a letter that totally obliterates the DO arrangement!!! Now, with regard to the CO's? Well, the NEW school for Christian couples or whatever in the world it is called, requires that the couples who attend are capable of providing financially for themselves. This is an interesting requirement. It means that if you attend the school and are ready to be used "wherever there is a need" then why not in the Circuit work! Yes, these "financially independent" couples will be the next wave of CO's. And you know what, they will work for free! Nothing but the accolades to keep them going! Money saver indeed!

Publications- A new, easy to understand study book for new ones desiring to learn the "truth" may be published. This will ensure an influx of capital as it will take the place of every other study book. It will also be silver in color like the revised NWT and lovingly called the "silver dagger" or as it will jokingly be called, "the silver shank." The book will be pushed harder than the Truth book of the past, but a new referendum will accompany it, namely, the six month rule. In other words, as the ORG did with the Truth book, with much success I must add, the six month-your baptized-or-your out will be implemented. It will spur on the active with urgency and the hangers-on with a sense of impending doom. It WILL BE A SUCCESS mind you, just you wait.

GB expansion- The GB will grow in numbers. With the demise of the DO position, many long time DO's may be considered for GB and interestingly enough, there may be an increase in those who partake from this very group. This will enable them to not have a break in service while still promoting the cause.

SOP

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Print is dying. It will be impractical to give away their literature. They will either ask the members to pay for them and pay the frigging sales tax, or will more likely cease printing and put it all online and tell everyone to buy a JW-Kindle Paperwhite (or the Watchtower equivalent).

Members will be encouraged to show literature to people at the door and offer to "send it" to their email or text or whatever they are using.

Otherwise, I think that WTS will be in serious cash-trouble in a decade or so. I think they will hint at the overlap generation coming to an end to coincide with 120 years of the last days to compare with 120 years set in the days of Noah. I think there will be a huge 2034 push to retain members and they will try try try to contain it better than 1975 but it won't really be held back. And then there will be a huge fallout with the 2035 excuse: "We never said...." Watchtower will be much smaller then, and maybe they will last because of all the Kingdom Hall properties they have for sale. They will morph into something virtually indistinguishable from Church of God or A.M.E. or 7th Day Adventists or something people know little about. Maybe they will go back to basics and trot out old publications from the Russell era.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Your on to something.

Make the public WT every three months. Sunday study WT on line and studied on a big screen.

Sunday talks will be done from GB building. People viewing on Sunday will see a big screen.

They will need to handle sex JC cases differently. Warning that they need to report crimes.

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ Separation of Flowers....

Faith is a supporting actor to Hope....

Legacy

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Growth=money. In order to grow they must become completely mainstream. This transition has already begun. What I feel was happening over the last decades was that the leadership was a unified post. Leaders were in charge of both theocracy and finances. Knorr was the last of these. With the big wigs gone there was a schism. The leadership broke off into two : Corporate and Theocracy. Since the mid 2000s the Lawyers and corporate side of the Org have been pushing for change in order to grow, seeing the coming stagnation and possible scandals with the internet age. The GB, being the theocracy side, were probably at first relunctant to completely drop all off-puting and cultish ideologies because they truly believe they are god inspired, so, lawyers held back and allowed the GB a chance to continue steering the ship. But evidence and numbers can no longer be ignored, by them or the rank and file. Money is not coming in like it use to and apathy is taking hold.

Therefore, power has shifted towards the corporate side; hence better PR, marketing and internet presence. Better real estate moves are being made since a presence in one of the biggest cities in the world is no longer needed. I honestly think in 2011 they had a huge pow wow and came up with a 10 year plan. Its about money and logic tells you, why have 8,000,000 people donating 1.00 dollar a month (example) when you can drop the cult stigma, become mainstream, double your membership quickly and now you have 16,000,000 people donating a dollar a month. Just incase this does not pan out or the scandals become to heavy, cutting costs by printing less and using the internet for just about everything; cut off DO expenses, assembly expenses and rely more on what is basically televised meetings will help to cushion the blow.

A true cult would not care about mainstreamism or finances. They would continue believing despite ridicule or stigma. Control is absolute to a cult. PR would be of no importance. This was the witnesses that we knew. This was the JWs we were a part of. We were part of a cult.

The cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses died two years ago. This is now a religion which to me is a word use to describe a 'holy' money laundering scheme.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

In some strange odd way but fun,apostate will be re evaluated and placed into catogories: Thinkers,doubting Thomas,and prophets. Make a sub division after Thomas that meets on different days or nights.

That includes exJW that are now Atheist.

Honestly not everyone can think the same! Did Jesus shun people no! Only Satanic ones!

Now they have double their money.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Well if donations are only a dollar a month they can give members a slip to donate like tithe! But call it contribution slips.

Debit cards or visa accounts. A set donation.

Also the SDA pass a bag around before book study.

Maybe that could be one of the changes. Less books and pass the plate.

It is all the same.

They could opened the doors for coffee time at their inside book stores. Put some sofas in a room. Give people a place to gather with a donation by the coffee pot or pass the bag around. People will be giving all the time!

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I gotta be honest with you depressedsoul, I think you missed the mark on every one of your points

1914 - this has been reinforced even as of the infamous july 15, 2013 WT. While the ubiquitisness of its importance is diminishing it is still the "go to" year for JW's and the defining moment of truth for JW's

Disfellowshipping - this will become (and is already) a key tool in the hands of the Org. The redefined "no longer a JW" will be applied less formally to various behaviours causing JW's to even shun those that are not officially DF'd. The "no longer a JW" will be applied to inactive ones, those who have studied but never baptized, those who don't go to meetings anymore, etc. It's already the means by which the society DF's JW's that take blood.

Blood Issue's - Blood will be a conscience decision by or before 2025

Elders - elders are the engine of the BOrg. They NEED elders. They will be policed more, but they will always be the backbone of the org. Without elders in the face of the R&F guilting them into servitude, the org would fall apart.

Less focus on the "end" - ironically the exact opposite is happening. the society is cleverly removing imminent dates and replacing with "unknown periods of time" while at the same time coming up with rediculuos ways to convince people the end is still sooooo close.... like "were in the second part of the overlapping generation" crap. They extended the one generation to a century old, then when its two generations they try to shorten it back down. such bullshit.

• piztjw
    piztjw

With the increasing number of partakers, I too see the literal interpretation of 144,000 being cast off. Jesus covenent will be with only the apostles, the little flock will then be understood to be just the first century Christians. The "other sheep" will be changed to be all the rest of the annointed through the centuries with no literal number. The great crowd will be those who are relagated to life on earth. Just my speculation.

• piztjw
    piztjw

all need to obey the direction from "Jehovah's organization (that) may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. " should be a cause of concern for every Jehovah's Witness

I'm thinking that this is more in the line of the very limited number of "regional" conventions in the future. This year is just the test run. In the future years there will be very few, and a great deal of travel and expense will be involved in the future to crowd into venues and watch the GB on large screen projectors. And what with the declining financial resources the "sheep" have it would appear to be impractical from a human standpoint to use limited funds for those conventions. IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit