What do you think are the future doctrine changes will be?

by thedepressedsoul 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

The whole organization is going through huge and big changes. It can be seen by names of departments, to how things function and teaches.

My questions to you is, what do you think the future changes will be, both in teaching and organizational matters?

Here are my thoughts:

1914 - Something is going to change with that date. I think everyone knows something is fishy with this. The process to come up with that number alone leaves a lot of possible errors.

Disfellowshipping - I actually think this one is going to be lax-ed more in the future. It'll be harder for it to happen and easier to come back. How everything is going around the world, eventually this will have to change. Numbers seem to matter more and more.

Blood Issue's - There are already a ton of "loop holes" they found where a person can get fractions of blood. This will most likely see future changes. To me, if God meant no blood it should mean no blood no matter what portion of it you take.

Elders - I think power is going to actually be taken from them in the next few years. It's common knowledge everywhere that most are power hungry and out for the looks. I don't know how this will change, maybe a branch delegate coming down to handle big matter or what not. I really think we will see changes in this issue.

Less focus on the "end" - I have already witnessed this one. The end coming soon used to be 99% of the publications even the ones we studied at the Kingdom Hall. They are a lot more focused on teaching people how to preach and listening to the GB than on the “end”. They’re giving less and less attention about the "end". Minus a few occurrences here and there when using it as a scare tactic.

Just some thoughts, wonder what yours are!

• 88JM
    88JM

Interesting that you think power will actually be taken away from congregation elders. The moves recently seem to have been to de-centralise some of the responsibilties that bethel do (perhaps to make local congregations more accountable in lawsuits etc.) I'm thinking of the appointing of pioneers and MS'ses which is now done by elders at congregation level, and the branch is merely "notified".

• KateWild
    KateWild

Very good idea's, if you get appointed the next GB member this is a great manifesto. Having said this all these changes would mean that this cult will stop being a cult, great news if it happened, but somehow I don't see things changing for the better. Kate xx

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I think you're looking at it from the perspective of what conclusions some business consultants would come up with if they were hired to review their operations and make suggestions in order to improve their ability to grow.

At the end of the day, the men sitting on the GB won a decades-long, rigorous competition that rewards the most loyal of company men and status quo seekers. The ability to seek out change is not in their DNA. If it were, they would have been weeded out at the CO or ambitious young Bethelite level.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Hey theDS,

I respectfully disagree with a few on your expectations! Here are the reasons why:

1) 1914- They are actually ramping this up. With the coming DC they are CELEBRATING THE 100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! There is no intention to distance themselves from that date. It is a divine date, an oracle approved date, the only date in the 20th century that will ever mean anything to them.

2) Disfellowshipping- Although it would be nice, the ORG is looking to intensify the SPECIALNESS (if that's a word) of the rank and file. TO do so, they must marginalize some among their ranks...it's the old "they were not of OUR sort" mentality. Sure, they think that they are special, but the world thinks they are loonies. So, how do you remain special? You ostracize those among you who have faltered who at one time thought they too were special and then watch them as they jump through the hoops to get back into the SPECIAL mix! No, disfellowshipping is the psychological tool by which the masses are kept in line!

3) Elders- I think you are on point here. With the advent of multi media capabilities at the DC and upcoming CA's, the venerable GB will be able to have their faces plastered on HD screens throughout the world! If that doesn't sound like something out of the Wizard of OZ, I don't know what else would. Yes, the elders will continue to plug along and fewer and fewer will get their due by giving talks at the assemblies which will make the upper crust of the elder elite even more "upper crust." Unfortunately, that will breed a disgruntledness that wasn't noticed before in elder bodies as there will be fewer and fewer carrots and the new wave of CO's will be hardliners with no real life experience or compassion. It will be slow...It will be painful...

4) The END- Ahh, the end. I don't agree with this so much. There HAS to be an end! Hope is an amazing thing, as it outweighs every other formal thought process. Give them hope and they will go on. There is an excellent quote by a man named Giroux, he said,"I can understand pessimism, but I don't believe in it. It's not simply a matter of faith, but of historical evidence, JUST ENOUGH TO GIVE HOPE, because for hope we don't need certainty, only possibility." THAT possibility is all they need. Yes, the END is right around the corner, unfortunately it is a LONG block.

SOP

• KateWild
    KateWild

SOP, well put. Thank you for that. Kate xx

• sir82
    sir82

144,00 becomes purely symbolic. There is still a "little flock", most JWs wil still be considered "other sheep", but the limit on Memorial partakers is no longer 144,000.

Does 2 things: (1) Removes the embarrassment of the continually increasing number of Memorial partakers (after decades of stating "the number should be decreasing"), and (2) further marginalizes the "kooks" (as the GB views them) who are currently partaking (if the number is no longer so strict, then they really are even less special).

Promoting the GB to the exclusive position of "faithful and discreet slave" was step 1 in marginalizing "the anointed". Declaring the number in Revelation as symbolic just finishes them off.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Thank you for adding points to what I said. Some good points have already been brought up.

I was hoping to hear other peoples thoughts on future changes. If anyone has any please feel free to post.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I don't forsee major shifts in doctrine - but 'new light' tweeks and organizational structure changes will continue.

The statement made in the Nov 2013 Watchtower Study Edition ('Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes' article, par. 17) about preparing for the coming attack of "the Assyrian" and that all need to obey the direction from "Jehovah's organization (that) may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. " should be a cause of concern for every Jehovah's Witness.

When the new World Headquarters completes the move to Wallkill, I suspect the preaching message will change from one of comfort to one of 'righteous condemnation'. The emphasis on 'preaching' in public places with carts, tables, booths, JW.org stores and JW.org trucks brings us out of the deserted neighborhoods and into the face of the public.

"Bring on the persecution so we can prove our faith" will become the new mantra.

ginger

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

gingerbread:

I figure their idea of public carts is the answer to almost nobody being at home nowadays in many neighborhoods and also fewer people to go out in service (many people (women) are working to support the family).....There just aren't the droves of available "sisters" like years ago. Those days are over in more ways than one.

The religion won't give up its public presence because that's what they are known for. However, these volunteers are mainly there to politely give literature and direct somebody to the nearest kingdom hall.

The religion spins the idea to gullible people that this is all a "blessing" of some sort but I just see it as a logical business move and adapting to the changing bad times!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit