What do you think are the future doctrine changes will be?

by thedepressedsoul 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika

They need to do something with the 1935 date. Current doctrine is that you're a member of the great crowd only if you make it through Armageddon, you get a resurrection if you die before Armageddon, unless you died as part of a few unfortunate exceptions, and that the earthly hope was opened in 1935.

So now there's no difference than a JW who served faithfully for 90 years dying last night, and a worldly who has just died after years of debauchery. You both get the same resurrection and the same chance, no added benefit to being a JW. Since 1935 was nearly 80 years ago it means Jehovah opened up the earthly hope to people who had no chance of ever being part of the great crowd.

(Except that I can imagine barely anyone has noticed the above problem)

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Laika,

They did away with the 1935 date 6 or 7 years ago. It was all over this board. You can probably pull some threads on it using the search feature.

• Laika
    Laika

neverendingjourney,

Thanks, and I might have this wrong, but to clarify, from memory, they did away with 1935 as the end date for collecting the anointed (except replacements) but not as the start point for the gathering of the great crowd. Either way, people in the late 1930s (and later) who 'had an earthly hope' but have not survived are not part of the great crowd, which should be a problem.

Edit: I suppose it's not so much a change to 1935 they need as a change to make dying JWs more special than deceased non-JWs. They actually messed this up already by changing the 'sheep and goats' interpretation.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

"As time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. Thus we cannot set a specific date for when the heavenly hope ends." Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

God I've been out so long I don't remember what the "current truth" is with respect to the gathering of the great crowd.

But you're right. I remember reading many times about the assembly in which Rutherford asked all the non-anointed to stand and said "behold the great crowd." Well if they're all dead, they were never really the great growd to begin with because the great crowd passes through armageddon alive.

One of many holes in their doctrine.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Overlapping Generation will eventually be extended into the: Leapfrogging Generation TM

Leapfrog

This will ultimately receive an "adjustment" to become the "Infinite Generation TM "

Infinite

Remember, you heard it here first!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Laika,

Fabulous point, even the great crowd of 1935 are dying off never mind the generation from 1914. Rutherfords talk was entitled.... "Millions now living will never die" it was presented in 30 languages between 1918-1925. This may be true but I doubt it as I believe, billions living then are dead now.

Kate xx

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Based on the damnation working at this Grand Boasting Session, I feel things will be even worse. As for disfellowshipping, where it would hurt, they might make it easier and then do all they can to disrupt the lives of those affected. And they will want to do all they can to get people trapped so their lives are wrapped in the religion. Full communism is the rule--veiled, but full nonetheless.

As for those who do not give a fxxxthat they are disfellowshipped and will not be hurt, they will probably have other cards to play. Such as your dedication. You remember when you promised to joke-hova that you would do everything you could to serve that thing? You dedicated your whole soul to that thing. That was a contract! And, when you got baptized, you "signed" that contract! Let someone at the top think of that, or find a way to invoke that breach of contract rule, and all bedlam is going to break loose. At that, not just among us apostates. Everyone they feel could have done more is in "breach of contract". You do 80 hours in a month they feel you could have done 81, you "stole" 1 hour from joke-hova. You donate 200 toilet papers to the Worldwide Damnation Fund, and they think you could have done another 20, you are also in breach of contract. You know that Fenix LD22 you just bought in case you are alone in a stairwell and the lights abruptly go out? The funds you used to buy it belonged to joke-hova, and you did not have its permission to use those funds for that purpose.

Let them play that card, and you will be seeing court cases against all that do not fulfill their dedications. And, unlike the houndings we have today, you welsh on this contract, they can sue for breach of contract or hold you civilly or criminally liable for contempt of court. You will be seeing pious-sneering becoming mandatory if they feel you could do it, and the hours buffed right back. The recent nurfs on boasting sessions could be taken away, or they could enforce wasting the full 4 hours on Family Waste the Evening Night. Not to mention, you could start seeing court-ordered quotas in field circus and in giving to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. This would enable them to buff the cult to the level seen in the Boston Movement or Twelve Tribes cults, or even worse. Let's see how many judges there are out there that are psychopathic or idiotic enough to play along with this one.

• sir82
    sir82

Laika's 1935 point is spot on.

Even though they now say that the "heavenly calling" didn't end in 1935, they still have 1935 as the date when the "great crowd" was first identified.

But as was bought out above, if no one from 1935 is around when Armageddon breaks out, well, they never were part of the "great crowd", were they?

Which of course, leads to the implication, if there is no difference in outcome between the most flaming debauched homosexual and Sister Virgin Pioneer (both get a resurrection into a paradise earth), why bother to live as a JW? Why bother to preach? Why bother with anything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit