The flat earth conspiracy!

by Truthexplorer 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Voyager 1 space probe was sent out in 1977 to explore our solar system. As it left our system Feb 14, 1990, the spacecraft was ordered by NASA to turn around and take a photograph of the planet Earth, some 6 billion kms away. The "Pale Blue Dot" image is now over 25 years old. The image is a dot... not a line. The Earth is NOT flat.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Ever watch a sailboat disappear into the ocean? The last part you see is the top of the mast. This is because the earth is spherical.
  • Truthexplorer
  • Truthexplorer
  • Heaven
    Heaven

If you've never watched the original series 'Cosmos' by Carl Sagan, I highly suggest you do.

Here is the segment Carl did regarding Eratosthenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JHEqBLG650

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Hey, Truthexplorer, I checked out your link.

I have no idea what this guy saw when he said he still saw the entire boat at 6 miles. I have no way to verify his experience, but I think that 6 miles is a pretty short distance on an ocean horizon. You can easily see much longer than that. This goes against my own and others' reported experiences of seeing the mast first when appearing and last when disappearing on the horizon.

As regards the argument that roads that are thousands of miles long and are entirely level proving a flat earth, what comes to mind is that 'level' is relevant to a specific point on the earth and subject to the gravity that exists on the surface of that particular point of a sphere. Thus, it would measure as level even though you travel around the sphere, curving as you go. I have no idea how scientific this explanation is, but it only took about 30 seconds to come up with a possible idea to refute the flat earth evidence.

Good on you for sharpening your critical thinking skills. The standard for evidence we are conditioned with in the Truth is low. It takes practice to learn to be logical about acceptable evidence.

• Viviane
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Viv, loved the website. Followed the link to "Not even wrong," an argument that is so far from rational and shows so little understanding of the subject that it cannot even be evaluated.

For example: 2+2=4 and 2+2=6. We can assert that the latter is wrong.

But, 2 + zebra ÷ glockenspiel = homeopathy works! is 'Not even wrong!"

This will now be my standard response to nonsensical pseudoscientific arguments from climate change deniers or evolution deniers.

"2 + zebra ÷ glockenspiel = homeopathy works!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit