"Bitchdom"

by butalbee 12 Replies latest social humour

• Xena
    Xena

I work in the construction industry. I deal with "macho" men everyday. And I manage to remain in control of my emotions and be polite BUT firm. Works for me...maybe not for everyone.

If I wanted to say something about your wife Mark I would have. I was commenting on the thread....

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

As long as Im not someones bitch in the Big House, I dont care. It will always be a mans world, so ultimately "bitches" realize they are beating their head against a brick wall. The smart ones put on a hard hat and go on about their business undeterred. It is impossible to accomplish anything without pissing a few people off.

"There are two kinds of women: Those who have secretaries. And those who are secretaries." ~Unknown wise woman

• LB
    LB

The definition of bitch can sure change, depending on who's doing the name calling.

I worked construction for 32 years. When I started there were no women in construction unless they were a secretary back in the office. So when women first entered the scene they were all bitchs according to most men. They were taking the place of a man.

Then of course a woman that wouldn't put out was a bitch. What the hell, she's here with men.

I've thought about this and to be honest the only women I ever thought of as a bitch were the basic man haters on the job. Some women would put up the front of being a man hater just to keep from being hit on every 5 minutes and I could usually spot them. But the real honest down to earth man haters I always thought of as a bitch.

Oh I did ask one perceived man hater why she was one during a lunch break. She told me she's lesbian and men just make her sick. Well I told her men make me sick too so maybe we should be buddies. At least she found someone safe to have lunch with after that. Years later she told me she kept waiting for me to hit on her, she was on guard for a long time.

Now I'm into raising horses. There are probably more women involved with this than men. I wonder if I'm the bitch here??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit