"Bitchdom"

by butalbee 12 Replies latest social humour

• butalbee
    butalbee

Some of us are bigger bitches than others..............

BITCHDOM

When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me a bitch.
    When I stand up for those I love, they call me a bitch.
    When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or
    to things my own way, they call me a bitch.
    Being a bitch means I won't compromise what's in my heart.
    It means I live my life MY way. It means I won't allow anyone
    to step on me.
    When I refuse to tolerate injustice and speak up against it,
    I am defined as a bitch.
    The same thing happens when I take time for myself
    instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a little selfish.
    It means I have the courage and strength to allow myself to be
    who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea of
    what they think I "should" be.
    I am outspoken, opinionated and determined. By God, I want
    what I want and there is nothing wrong with that!
    So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame,
    try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me.
    You won't succeed.
    And if that makes me a bitch, so be it.
    I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.
    B - Babe
    I - In
    T - Total
    C- Control of
    H - Herself
    B = Beautiful
    I= Intelligent
    T = Talented
    C = Charming
    H = Hell of a Woman
    Send this to all the bitches you know, or anyone you
    feel should become a bitch!
    From the Sisterhood of Bitchdom!!!
    May we all get what we want, when we want it, and
    how we want it, because we sure as hell deserve it!

• notperfectyet
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

http://www.robd.net/sound/simpsons/misc/gramps.wav

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Butalbee,
    In the business world it can be quite the same thing. A man is aggressive, a woman is a bitch. The tag is usually applied by men that are insecure with their own masculinity. Wear your badge of bitchiness with pride! It scares the hell out of some men.
    Me,I like bithches:) Hell, I am married to one:D

Mark

• Xander
    Xander

No, the male status corresponding to 'bitch' is 'dick'. Men and women can be aggressive, or can be dicks/bitches.

The difference is in the ability to see others point of view or not. An aggressive person considers all or most perspectives, and pursues the best one regardless of who else it effects. A bitch/dick does whatever is best for themselves/screw the world.

As to most the items on the list above....well if someone is insulting someone else for those things ('refuse to tolerate injustice'?, 'won't become anyone else's idea of
    what they think I "should" be'?, etc), then its someone ELSE with the problem.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Xander,

You said:
    The difference is in the ability to see others point of view or not. An aggressive person considers all or most perspectives, and pursues the best one regardless of who else it effects. A bitch/dick does whatever is best for themselves/screw the world.

So.... they sound the same to me, the bitch says screw the world, the aggresive one weighs their options, and then chooses one regardless
    of who it affects?

My point was that it is just a label. Bitch or a dick. It is a label errantly used to describe someone of the opposite sex that has a demeanor not compatible with your own. Agressive women in some of the business circles I have been associated with, were considered bitches if they didn't kow tow to their male peers. And yes, in turn by doing so, the men were being dicks! It is unfortunate but I have seen women almost given no choice but to be "bitchy" in the business world. If that is how they are perceived, and get the job done, probably better than a man, so be it.

My wife is aggresive, outspoken does that make her a bitch? Not in the sense one thinks of when refered to that way, I was just trying to make a point. It's all in your interpretation.

Mark

• Xena
    Xena

Funny I manage to get along fine in the business world with men...haven't been called a bitch yet...at least not to my face

You can make a point without having to get all up in peoples faces...polite but firm...

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Hi Xena,

You said:

Funny I manage to get along fine in the business world with men...haven't been called a bitch yet...at least not to my face

I have never known any of the guys I mention above, who think of strong women as "bitches", to ever have had the nerve to call such to her face. As far as these women know they too "manage to get along fine in the business world with men".....if only they really knew...

You said:

You can make a point without having to get all up in peoples faces...polite but firm...

True, it isn't necessary to "get all up in peoples faces" but your "polite but firm" assertion reveals you likely have never been associated with the wonderful world of restaurant management. I will mention your suggested tactics to my two female managers,and after they recover from their bout of laughter, I'll be interested in their thoughts on your suggested method.

Again, my point is, women, at least in my industry, who are outspoken and aggresive are considered bitches. Men are dicks. It is just a word, a label. The term is never openly spoken when the opposite sex is present. Words. Perceptions. The battle of the sexes. I also hope that you didn't take this opportunity to take a dig at my wife with your comments,I know there is no love lost between you two. I really didn't mean for this to turn into such a weighty matter. It was all pretty tongue in cheek. If any of you didn't know who my wife was, it probably wouldn't have been given a second thought.

love ya, mean it
    Mark

• larc
    larc

Well,

I guess I will wax psychological again. David McClelland found that one of the ingredients for success at the managerial level was the need for power. He made a distinction between egoistic power and and socialized power. We could probably put the bitches and the dicks in the egosistic power category. They can be charasmatic, but they can cause chaos in a group or organization. Those who expercise socialized power are much more successful, both for themselves and the group. They wield power for the ultimate benefit of their subordinates, the group, the organization, as well as themselves.

In my last job, I worked with a number of very strong, well educated women. Of the ten or so that I knew over the years, I would only call one of them a bitch. The others were very outspoken and aggresive, but not obnoxious about it.

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

I agree with Larc, I work in a male dominated industry - Finance- Other women I know call this company the "Old Boys Club", our Monday meetings are held in "The Bull Pen" but I have found that it really depends on the male. Insecure males are intimidated by a woman who knows her stuff, but I would say, most males who are secure with themselves are quite comfortable in an work environment that includes women. The men who seem intimidated by me are young guys, right out of college who work under me, or have to have meetings covered by me. I don't know if they ever call me a bitch, I hope not, but I wouldn't really care if they did. I just chalk it up to inexperience with women.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit