Email from a JW and our correspondence

by mpatrick 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Kismet
    Kismet

The thinking and writing of this person is just the pattern of the JW-think mentality. Sd really to see how little some people think for themselves.

Not sure if you are aware but it is considered poor netiquette to post private correspondence on a public message board. Is it really necessary to post her email address and webpage here?

Kismet

• Will Power
    Will Power

OMG
    She definitely sounds like she needs help.
    Like, had a few, maybe read something that "stumbled" her (love that simile) then when brain went into auto pilot it started skipping & re-repeating.
    This is not pretty when you see it, hear it or read it.

OK, I wasn't gonna tell anyone but can I bury it here?
    Last night couldn't sleep, tossing etc. then I start thinkin, I should stay off that JW board, I'm not directly involved, not a JW, what could I do?, and all that... it was kinda like praying, what should I do, what can I do etc.
    The TV was on (bkgd noise) A call in show was on and as I was about to turn it off the caller was talking in a heavy accent about her 2 daughters (it was Mother's day) She hasn't seen nor had contact with them in over 3 yrs. Then I heard the words ... they were molested by their father! She was crying just wants to see them, talk to them, explain her side. (apparently they blamed her- didn't get details) I heard the word religion, my heart sank.

will

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I woke up to six new emails from this person, each paragraph was a seperate email...

oh the point about me not being baptized you made a dedication to jehovah , i havent yet and you should know what the bible says on that. if you were a real witness before because it doesnt seem like you even know anything.

and this is how i know you were never a witness. go by watchtower teachings. we are supposed to follow what the bible teaches. who studied with you who ever it was screwed you up. any no im not perfect that's why i left when i did because i didnt want to be a hypocrite. well im trying to base my life now on bible standards and by the way im not baptized and i was raised in the truth and you are and i seem to have more of an appreciation for jehovah. you keep bringing up the watchtower. not once have you brought up god or jesus, and by the way i was bed ridden for two years because of the life style i choose and i knew what i was supposed to be doing but i changed as hard as it was and a lover of money im not every one likes it and that was one of the choices you have not had one positive thing to say yet because you are on the defensive and you know where that comes from take it up with jehovah i tried, learned my lesson.....

hey buddie i told you i was gone for seven years. it never left me but i did get myself out in the world . and oh yeh. i was with girls to i did some pretty wrong out rageous things so dont try to spite me. but anyway. im trying and that's the point . women are supposed to love me. where the bible does it say that your not

oh and alot has changed in the ministry you know some things have changed, or new literature is updated you know how that works .. did you know when my grandma was little there was a christmas tree in the watctower and tract society. but do you know why its not now. because jesus wasnt born in dec. you know that it clearly says it in everyones bible not just jw's and noone has the power to brain wash me . only the week are led astray and brain washed i go by what can be proven prayer and fact.

did you know that the meanining of apostate is someone who tells lies about a religion, who tries to start there own people to follow them that is pretty evil. that 's what the word apostate means, i hope you dont call your self that.

no i didnt mean any of that in a non loveing manner i was telling you my experiance i guess you were blinded by all the other things . i know that im not brainwashed because if i dont see it i dont believe it so it's not about what people say and by the way your what a couple of years older than me. so if jehovah doesnt exist who do you pray to . you can open your own bible just like everyone else in religion period , sorry for sending you positive words of encouragement your anger is self explanatory because you dont know me either and i was just trying to remind you of just how loveing and forgiving jehovah is. that's not being a hypocrite. sorry for concern that is something that you have to dwell on for yourself. and believe me i get shunned by different ones alot of times because of gossip so dont act like your the only victim.. the only one i need to please is god. but i do think it's sad that you are trying to convince others for your own hatred that is wrong. but im sorry that you feel the way you do. since your not that much older than me , ive been taught the same things that you were unless you were in a congregation that was corrupt some of those do slip through the cracks. im sorry that i made it sound negative i was just trying to help and understand your anger. there i go getting in trouble again for trying to be a good person.

Kismet,

Not sure if you are aware but it is considered poor netiquette to post private correspondence on a public message board. Is it really necessary to post her email address and webpage here?
    I didn't ask to correspond with this person, she got my email from my user profile on this other discussion board. So, no, I don't have any problem with posting our correspondence here. As regards her email address, she posted it all over the other discussion board (actually she posted [email protected])and the webpage is public on AOL.
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

This is what I sent to her, the [email protected] address is in default this morning, though I had an email from her.

GAL,

Ok, here's the question I had for you in regards to the email traffic the two of you shared. How exactly was or is mpatrick "defacing Jehovah and His people" by pointing out errors, even SERIOUS errors in the way the Society conducts it's business. I'm sure by now you've read in the News about the Society trying to DF those who spoke out against the sex abuse scandal. Which is more demeaning to God's name, to point out the error in the way the Society handles this, or the way the society has handled this?

You call MPATRICK an apostate, but is he really? He still believes in God, he still accepts the bible, he still accepts Jesus, he just rejects an organization that he doesn't think represents God.

I as a Catholic am HIGHLY critical of the way the church has handled the pedophile scandal and I'm quite loud about that criticism. Can you imagine the outcry if the Catholic Church began to excommunicate people like me, and the victims too. That's what's happening now in the society. Victims of Child Sexual Abuse are being disfellowshipped because they've chosen to speak out, to go to the law rather than trust the elders that have thus far disappointed them. Not only they, but also the voices that are speaking out against this (Bill Bowen, and the Pandelo family for example)are now being disfellowshipped.

So again I ask, what defames God's name more those whose voices are raised to protect children, or those who would condemn them for speaking out?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I just tried to reply to her emails, and it said that username was no longer available. So, I sent it to the [email protected] address and it went through fine. This is what I wrote...

I don't want to sound harsh here, but I get tired of self-righteous JWs trying to tell me how I feel and that I never really knew the "truth". I don't equate the Watchtower with God, Jesus or the truth. I was raised a JW since I was 4 or 5 years old. I was a "good" JW, I followed all the man-made rules and laws, got baptized at an early age, and went on to pioneer and marry another JW (I even remained a virgin till marriage).

I did not leave the Organization because I was bitter or upset with anyone. So, please don't try to tell me what I did and did not do, nor how I believed. I have never been disfellowshipped or disassociated. I am not an immoral person, nor do I live an immoral life. I do not believe JWs are God's sole Organization and I do not believe that their teachings are consistent with the Bible. I believe they misinterpret scriptures and mislead millions and doom the entire earth to a horrific death (much like Sept.11) which in turn makes me believe that they are grossly unloving to mankind.

By your emails, it illustrates just how unloving many JWs are (not all, I know some very loving ones). If people don't believe the same as you, you doom them to an eternal death, you even did that to me when you don't know a thing about me.

Like I said, I am just tired of self-righteous types, like yourself, that email me and try to lay on some Watchtower guilt trip. Your accusations and unloving mannerisms just assure me even more that God would never be a part of a people that act in such a cruel way. I think you are the angry one here, at least by the way you write. I, on the other hand, don't live by your man-made religion, nor do I live by their rules. So, they don't really apply to me.

Good day,
    mpatrick

This person posted her email address all over the other board for people to contact her, so please do. Maybe then, she will quit sending me so many emails! I have had this happen before, and it really got to me this time.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

OMG, a go-go-dancer JW stalker!!!

"so if Jehovah doesn't exist who do you pray to."
    same old...if you cut yourself off from the WTS, you cut yourself off from GOD and hope........

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Thank you Yerusalyim...I appreciate it! Try to resend it to [email protected], that is the address she posted on Beliefnet.

I am sure she will probably be changing that address too, after a few emails.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

MP,

Already did it. It went through.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Yes, she probably will be changing her email address. After all, any responses she receives that don't paint the WTBTS in a good light are "persecution". Poor thing....here she is, trying to "get back to Jehovah" and everyone is persecuting her. [8>]

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Just tried to check her homepage. It's gone due to the terrible, terrible persecution. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit