Email from a JW and our correspondence

by mpatrick 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jerome
    jerome

Question:

Werent you exactly as preachy, as know it all and as condeming as this gal is or even worst?

So now why do you find it so annoying that you are faced with the same thing that you were dishing out for many years?

jerome

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

If you've ever noticed, all the people suffering from 'excessive religiosity' also have a little problem with empathy and fellow feeling. They are all like the Pharisees that saw the injured man laying by the road and did not help him. As a class, they seem totally unable to be like the Samaritan.

How many JW's actually come to this board and cry when they hear out stories? Do they not instead call us names, put us down, and offer us absolutely nothing.

Instead of reaching out to the lost sheep like us, they beat us over the head. Amac, Airmail special, You Know, Fred Hall, Psyc, Hilda,and the list goes on and on have NO EMPATHY for what we all have been through. We get the "I gots da troof" routine, in a near-gloating tone.

And believe me, the public is catching on. When they see emails like the one above, and they hear the bad things that have happened to us---unlike the Watchtower, the public beleives the victims.

Just like the person sending that email. They just want to pull the wings off the butterflies, why else would they be here.

For all the good it will do you. WE are not the enemy. Watchtower is. Your Mother is sick, you had better get HER some medicine. Maybe even major surgery. Maybe even euthanasia.

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Jerome....no.

I think this girl may have some mental issues. (other than being a JW)

• jerome
    jerome

deddaisy

Werent you even a little bit preachy?

• jerome
    jerome

dungbeetle

I'm shocked.

I thought that you were a surviver not a victim.

jerome

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

if this girl is for real it's no wonder they wouldn't let her get baptized at 16!!!!!!!
    I just checked out her homepage too, scrolled down and "clicked" on the http:love.aol,etc. and it's a dating service...."how many dates are enough" I'm still laughing......

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Jerome, in answer to your question, no.........the first glance at their "higher than thou" "no, we're not going to the funeral and supporting a devastated family member because it's in a church" while they're expecting others to attend THEIR church, was, and continues to be a total turn-off to their preachiness.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

No wonder the WTBTS doesnt want their members to be on the internet.....they dont want the world to know
    how stupid their members are!
    How did this person even log in for crying out loud?

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I agree that this girl has some mental issues, and sadly, it sounds like the troof is keeping her in an abusive situation. But, whoa, textbook borganite jargon.
    Those were not her own ideas. She may as well just push 'play' on a tape. It's annoying, yes. Mostly, it's sad.
    For the record Jerome - I was never that preachy.

• razorMind
    razorMind
    Not everyone who leaves the JW's goes off the deep end and becomes self-destructive...

Thanks SO much for bringing up this point. Most of the disfellowshipped JWs in my home congregation DID go off the deep end and deteriorate...except my sister. After a somewhat rocky time, she has a well-paying job, a kid, happily married to a good husband. She has nice clothes, house, car, etc. She tells me that JW's act shocked and even irritated when they see her, out enjoying her life with her family.

Just my 2 cents...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit