Email from a JW and our correspondence

by mpatrick 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I received this original email from [email protected] in regards to post I had made on the JW Discussion forum on www.beliefnet.org

hello mpatrick , ya know alot of the things that you quote i question are still in the truth , i am sorry if i affend you. im 26 from new jersey and where are the true witnesses . i fell away for about seven years i was an unbaptized pubisher born in the truth that had gotten stumbled by some fellow christians but i was youn g but still loved jehovah some how i was swiped up by the world and now im back trying to work my way to baptizm i know that this is the truth ive seen how jehovah can operate and i hope you still have that same zeal and love when you were baptized.

My response was:

Thank you for your concern, but I choose to see the world beyond the Watchtower walls. I see corruption and dishonesty within their walls and I choose to be no part of an Organization that claims to be God's sole channel, yet lies, false prophesies and misinterprets the scriptures. I choose to follow God rather than man and I have never been able to find a single scripture that speaks of an "organization" that God dwells within. God gives us freewill to choose, and I choose to believe in the holy spirit that he pores out to me. If you are happy with following the JWs manmade religion, please do so. I have no intention of forcing my views upon others, just to tell the truth about the Organization and let ones make their own personal choice. Good day.

Here was the loving response I received back:

oh yeh i figured you were an apostate. ya know whether this matters to you or not yeh there are elders, family members and other baptized christians who have stumbled me many times, and i left the truth for years because of it. ya know if you spent more time reading the bible and developeing more of your own relationship with jehovah and more of an updated version on jesus , you would change your mind , i cry when i see people who were forced to be baptized because they never get an understanding of what jehovah is really about. im not gonna give you that everyday witness excuse that people arent perfect because these hypocrites that you speak of know what they should be doing and arent , and believe me i have stories. my father is a ministerial servant who drinks hard doesnt live up to family responsibilities. but ya know what i had gotten so far out in the world that i almost died and it took a while for me to feel like jehovah was hearing me but ya know after a while it took a long while but im getting better now. and i as an adult now have a better understanding of what he wants from me . it says nowhere in the bible that the elders have to know all our bizz and this and that . but you do know what is right and you know that it's not right to be defacing jehovah and his people , it will be worse for you, you know i had to stop being a baby and crying this brother did this and did that . but you know discourageing other people from the true knowledge of jehovah is god. even worldly people know what his name is , i am totally upset by this , and ya know when i was 16 i was ready for baptizm really they told me no, that hindered me along with other things but i am an adult now and i went straight to jehovah about these things. you know that you shouldnt be doing this . seems like the truth was never able to reach your heart. i cant read hearts but jehovah does. be like jesus , suck it up , be bold and humble for jehovah , you will make him happy who cares about everyone else. i still go well now and there are still the same people who give me cocky looks , gossip and no we are not perfect but while your sitting home not taking in the accurate knowledge those hypocrites are still getting the vital info to change. pray to jehovah dont let anyone hinder you , i live with one and if i give up and let him hinder me , i will end up loseing my life. you are not the only angry person , pray about these unjust things look how jesus was prosecuted , who are we not to undergo prosecution by our own brothers and sisters. we are mere dust. it is to close to the end for you to turn this way . why lose someone who could be a fine brother and fine example.stay updated on the info. the info is vital..im sorry for you that you use this way , you are not spiteing anyone but yourself .. im doing it all alone, and i dont feel like i have much support but i am seeking it, and i am attending meetings , and i pray pray pray, and read read read. the bible from beginning to end is vital.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Wow, more email from this person...

no one ever claimed that god dwelled within this organization and if you read your bible , or anyother bible you will know that these prophesys are not false. this is really sad. it doesnt sound like you were ever a true witness because whatever you were taught you are way off from what is really taught in jehovahs organization.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I guess this person has a lot to say, because I just received another...

also you are not telling the truth and i dont believe that you were ever a baptized brother. (well, this individual got one thing right...I was never a brother) if you were you would know better than to put your own live at risk , im sorry hope you change your ways , but i cant write you anymore seems like you really have anger , someone hurt you and now you want to do it your way i cant associate with an appostate , false religion is going down areyou going with it.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Gads! It's like the person was hypnotized spueing the same old drivel. It's like my JW friend...they always direct the conversation - it's always onesided...where they talk past me, and not at me. drives you NUTS!

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

thank you for sharing that...it's actually sad but they never fail to "get" to me with that attitude....

"seems like the truth was never able to reach your heart. i cant read hearts but jehovah does."

run that by me again....
    that's correct, they can't "read hearts," so how is it that they know who will DIE at armaggedon? (which just happens to be everyone except them)

and then it wouldn't be complete without the "it is close to the end"

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I just checked out this person's homepage on AOL http://hometown.aol.com/domingalynn2/myhomepage/profile.html. Decided to send a nice reply....

I just read your homepage and saw your Hobbies & Interests

"i love dancing, eating , going out and meeting people, love god and money, oh and men tooo"

Seems you are one of the many JW hypocrites yourself....love of money and men, doesn't that go against Watchtower teachings?

I think you only contacted me because you thought I was a man, sorry but I am a happily married mother of three...go find a victim of your lucid ways elsewhere. This "apostate" is enjoying a cult-free life without hypocrites like yourself.

• AMarie
    AMarie

Just reading this person's senseless drivel is extremely irritating.

He/she starts out with all of this "loving concern" (which you didn't ask for), but then their e-mail gets a little more preachy each time. They go to saying they understand you, to saying that you you're a liar and "never were never a baptized brother".

There are alot of inequities (for lack of a better word) in what she says. To sum up my interpretation of what she just said....."Yes, many JWs do A, B, and C, which is against bible teachings, but they still have the truth" Ummmm....yeah. JWs actions sure do show us that.

AMarie

• arachnia
    arachnia

I receive emails scolding me for my departure from the JW's similiar in tone to this, where the author is someone who was raised JW and rebelled, became "worldly" and is now looking to re-join the JW ranks or already has. They appeal to me that I know it's really "the trooth" and so on, and since they are returning, perhaps I should consider it too, because the world has "nothing to offer" and is a "pit of vipers."

I'm always left wondering what exactly they did, and who exactly they did it with, etc., to lead them to believe that any life outside of the JW's is self-destructive to the extreme. I suppose some, upon leaving the JW's, especially if they do this in their teens, believe everything they've seen and heard the "world" depicted as in the WT rhetoric and figure that is how *all* non-JW's live. Drugs, whoring around, bad associations, etc., so that's exactly how they must live if they aren't going to be JW.

Most of the "worldly" people, of which I am one now, I suppose, do not live that way. Most are decent people, and those with problems typically can either work them out on their own, with help from family/friends, etc. Some need professional therapy, but it's the exception. (On the other hand, nearly all of my ex-JW friends have required it somewhere along the way.) People are generally good. Just because the WT Society says they are evil doesn't make it so. I think what happens when some of these people (usually kids) leave, their worldview is completely molded on WT concepts and being immature, they don't recognize the need (much less have the ability) to re-shape their worldview outside of the constraints of a cult mentality.

Not everyone who leaves the JW's goes off the deep end and becomes self-destructive. It's sad that these folks don't know that. Unfortunately, they only see two choices in life rather than the multitude that actually exist. Pity.

Cheers,
    ~arachnia

Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."
    -Kahlil Gibran

• AMarie
    AMarie

Michelle:

I just visited her homepage too. New Jersey GO Go Dancers??!!! This sounds like a person who should be giving you advice about god.

• LDH
    LDH

Huked on fonics werked fer me.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit