Any active jws, without using the phrase "God must have..." Can you prove that Noah's ark actually happened

by DuvanMuvan 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

That's a shame because I promised my mum that I'd still go to the memorial and I would have loved to have seen the look on the brother's face after he sees me after they dropped that bombshell. I actually had this plan where I'd walk in, shake his hand and say "oh I forgot to give these back to you last time I saw you" then hand the "old light" bullcrap to him and walk off before he could try it give it back to me.

If you ever get into a discussion with someone about this just mention the fact that penguins either made their way from antarctica onto the ark (with a years supply of high quality antarctic veggies) or that they evolved "within their kind" from a bird that was on the ark are the only ways they could be around today without relying on divine intervention

• jam
    jam

Using GPS and space radar technology, scientists found that the

range- which includes Lake Tahoe and the highest peak on the

contiguous US, the 14.505 foot-tall Mount Whitney is growing by

about a millimeter each year. At this rate the entire Sierra Nevada

could have been built in just the last (ready for it) 3 million years.

That's .03937 inch a year.

• kaik
    kaik

Various mountains are constantly uplifted and we can measure their rate with a high degree of precission. For example there was a measure of the Monroe uplift in northern Louisiana that proved that the ground is being uplifted due tectonic movement causing shifting of the Mississippi river. Within next several hundred years, majority of water within Mississippi river will be flowing through Atchafalaya river to the Gulf. WT used to teach that the earth before flood was flatter and there were no any high mountains. They follow medieval thinkers who discovered fossils on the top of the mountains as a proof of the global flood. WT does not believe in orogeny that is responsible for all the mountain building epochs in the Earth's geological history.

• prologos
    prologos

jam; good statistics. at that rate, this US west montainrange rose 5m, 15 feet since the flood. probably just enough to float the ark.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

did my title put people off? I thought there'd be at least one jw to talk to about this. I was hoping to hear a newer opionion on this because almost all the stuff I looked at before deciding that it didn't happen is really old

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It didn't put anyone off. It just cannot be answered without at least one "god dunnit".

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Lol "god dunnit"

pretty sure that's the title of the drama at the next DC.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

"did my title put people off? I thought there'd be at least one jw to talk to about this. I was hoping to hear a newer opionion on this because almost all the stuff I looked at before deciding that it didn't happen is really old"

Like I said before. I don't think there's much of any reason for a JW to respond to this post. You're asking them to explain what they believe is an act of God without the core of their argument. This being that the flood and the gathering of the animals was an act of God. "God must have" is a must have for them.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Well if they can't use the biblical account for the core of they argument then I don't think Moses did a very good job at writing it. Especially since there was so much detail in the book of the numbers for example, you think he could at least have put all the "god must have"s into the account without leaving so much of it to interpretation. (I guess he was busy while writing genesis?)

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

The story omits the fate of tiny animals like earthworms, bees, butterflies that are infinitely more important to any environment than mammals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit