Any active jws, without using the phrase "God must have..." Can you prove that Noah's ark actually happened

by DuvanMuvan 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Strange how it all went so wrong so quickly after God was so pleased with what he'd created.

Yet somehow it's all the fault of us humans, because Adam & Eve didn't know there was an evil angel called Satan that could make snakes talk & trick Eve into eating the fruit of a magic tree in the middle of the garden.

Then God felt hurt that all the humans were so naughty & didn't seem to like him anymore that he cried & cried & cried until he flooded the whole earth................oops got carried away there.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, from the 1958 WTS book 'From Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained', page 42:

18 It was in the month of November of the year 2370 B.C., which was the six hundredth year of Noah's life, that the great flood began. Rain started falling all over the earth. It came from the great water canopy that had been far above the earth since the time when the earth was being made. "In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on this day all the fountains of the great water canopy were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And the downpour upon the earth went on for forty days and forty nights."-Genesis 7: 11, 12.
    19 This heavy fall of rain all over the earth, for forty days and nights without letup, caused all land surfaces to be covered with water. The water even went over the tops of the tallest mountains of that time. This made the earth one big ocean.

There is more, but it just gets crazier...

• jam
    jam

Smidy: "WT did say that the mountains were no where near as high

in Noah's day". Yes I thought of that but check this out.

Neogene, a geologic period and system in the international Commission

on stratigraphy, geologic timescale starting 23.03 pluse or minus 0.05

million years ago and ending 2.588 million years ago.

The formation of Ararat is hard to retrieve geologically, but the type

of volcanism and the position of the volcano raise the idea that

subduction relation volcanism occured when the ocean closed during

the NEOGENE period.

What I'm trying to say, they (Geologist) can calculate the growth of

a mountian within 4000 years. I may be wrong on this but the

technology we have today it should be no problem.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Slightly of thread, but regarding the water canopy and the earth being perfect and comfortable for gods creatures. I remember an article in the awake sorry don't have exact date probably 70s.under heading nature's radiator or akin to that describing an animal which had an inbuilt cooling system as it lived in conditions so hot tgat other creatures would not survive in.Why would it have such a system if it was created into a comfortable world for all creatures to live in.

I think the article writer shot himself in the foot as it would seem to uphold the evolutionary process.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

In answer to the OP.... No.

• Comatose
    Comatose

If there was a water canopy then why are there polar bears, arctic foxes, snow owls, and ice cores that go back tens of thousands of years? There are animals the Awake says show they were "designed" for cold weather.

And why after leaving the ark and a huge miracle did the grandchildren of the survivors build the Tower of Babel in LESS than 100 years.

• galaxie
    galaxie

There really are a FLOOD of theories!!LOL

The god concept works in mysterious ways!!?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Not to rain on your parade jam , but the WT did say that the mountains were no-where near as high in Noahs day as they are now , the weight of water on the earth sank into some areas , the deepest parts of the ocean and pushed up mountains in other areas

Oh my! Please say it ain't so.... Not even the Watchtower society is that delusional that they would think mountains grow significantly taller in 4000 years!

Oh what am i saying... of course they believe that .

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Funny story, I started this thread about an hour before the router at home went and did a die so when I saw how many responses I got I was more than surprised.

I still have a load of wt extracts about the flood that this brother brought over to try and convince me that the flood happened. I made a load of annotations on them but when he read them he didn't really care.

I liked seeing a lot of new things I hadnt thought of like the ark not drifting to a completely different place or the fact that the bad angels didn't even die in the flood so it pretty much failed.

Im sorry for being lazy but I can't be bothered to see who it was that asked something along the lines of "why aren't they allowed to say god must have if thats what they believe" but I have a reason. I didn't want a whole load of speculation on what god MIGHT have done without offering any proof. When I was going to the kh they always made a point about being able to go out on the ministry with juse your bible because the bible is the truth and it's all you need blah blah blah. Well I thought that, sticking to what it says in the bible, anyone should be able to answer a question about something it says in the bible.

I'm willing to bet that in the next 4 years they'll have a flash of new light and declare that Noah's ark isn't literal

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I'm willing to bet that in the next 4 years they'll have a flash of new light and declare that Noah's ark isn't literal

Don't hold your breath on that one DuvanMuvan.

The flood is linked to many other aspects of WT theology and doctrine. The literal nature of the event is key to other reasonings, timelines and so on. If they deconstruct that account then it would signal the need to do the same to many other accounts.

It's a house of cards. They know it and will never be the ones to pull out a key pillar from the bottom row.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit