• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Brother Jeramy,

Very fine opening post.

Frank

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

OrphanCrow,

Almost everyone here is a jerk and condescending. Just read this topic. I'm not lying. There's maybe a handful of people that I've seen post as truly nice people.

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

Also,

Nice one - you call people names and then say it is their own fault.

That is actually the opposite of what I said.

And, then you said that you are the healthy one by offering your 'sympathy'.

That's not what offering sympathy means.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Almost everyone here is a jerk and condescending.

Deflection.

Also,
    That is actually the opposite of what I said.
    Nice one - you call people names and then say it is their own fault.

No. You said people were crazy - and why? because you "...recognize that this is often caused because of the deep pains and hurt (they) you've experienced at the hands of others." So...the craziness is caused by the person themselves - it is their life that has made them crazy. Your interpretation of 'crazy' and what has caused that is a stand that makes you morally superior.

That's not what offering sympathy means.
    And, then you said that you are the healthy one by offering your 'sympathy'.

It's misplaced. Your sympathy is neurotic - it is unjustified and yet again....serves to place you on the moral high ground.

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

OrphanCrow,

What you call deflection, I call the truth. I am not lying.

I never said people were crazy. I said "some of you actually sound more crazy than the people you're trying to warn others about." Some of you do.

You literally interpreted what I said to mean the opposite of what I actually said. I said nothing about being on the moral high ground, or a person causing their own craziness (that I never actually said that they were) and whether you think my sympathy is misplaced or not, it's real and actually exists.

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74
    You can re-read what I said as much as you want, italicize "you" as much as you please, and you'll never come away with me blaming the people themselves for the hurt that others have done to them. That's just your obvious misinterpretation of what I said.
  • jhine
    jhine

Jmorgan74 ,thank you for your reply . I would like to reiterate that I am not someone who had.been hurt by the WT and have no personal grudge against them .

Jan

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74
    Jan, not all of my comments were directed towards you personally. I appreciated the questions you asked.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.http://image.slidesharecdn.com/lauramathis-131202150041-phpapp01/95/10-insights-on-public-speaking-from-actress-laura-mathis-10-638.jpg?cb=1386110309

Almost everyone here is a jerk and condescending. Just read this topic. I'm not lying. There's maybe a handful of people that I've seen post as truly nice people......jmorgan74

...................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/thsmilie_happy_251.gif

• lriddle80
    lriddle80
    It's a big deal to leave all of your friends and family. That's really all there is to it. Pretend to be one and you can have what you want. But you aren't really living with integrity and being true to yourself and your own beliefs. I can speak to this, too. I've been a member of a baptist church for about 5 years now. Got born again, baptized, the whole works. I serve God by serving others in the community and have learned real truth and love how Jesus is transforming who I am. Told my JW family, who accused me of worshipping the devil now. Anyways, if I really was being true to myself, too, I would just go and get disfellowshipped so that I would have no ties to them anymore. But then...I would lose my family. So, I am just being a coward, really. I am praying that God would either make my family start to feel uncomfortable with the "truths" being presented and start to think for themselves or that suddenly I would be disfellowshipped without having to go and cause it to happen. But, I see now that even if my family would learn the ttatt that they still might stay in thinking they can just be a JW without serving the GB, sigh. It's a lose/lose either way. I guess staying the course that I am in, and having faith that it is in our Father's hands is the best way that I can have peace. Be still and know that I am God!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit