Why I remain one of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Brother Jeramy 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74
    Why is this remarkable in any way? Certainly this can be said about pretty much anybody and anything in this world

First of all, why do you care? Secondly, it is remarkable for someone on this forum to say anything positive about Jehovah's Witnesses at all, even in a carefully qualified way. Rebel8 flat out said that everything about it was wrong. So you're just wrong and wanting to criticize something I said for no reason at all.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW, I understand. I'm telling you what specifically I sympathize with, and being sympathetic doesn't necessarily equate into total agreement in every respect.... jmorgan74

OK..

I don't believe that everything that is taught within the organization is incorrect......Jack

Translation:..

"There`s Crap in the WBT$ but,there is also Kernels of Corn."

Not many People Here..

Are Willing to Eat a Bucket of WBT$ Shit,in Hopes of Finding a Kernel of Corn.

....................................................................I Found a Kernal of Corn!..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6phqztrMq1rqfhi2o1_250.gif......Image result for chocolate on faceImage result for corn kernel

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Hey Brother! To be honest, I do understand what your stand is. I use to think just like you. In fact, my wife still does. We use to think we could be in that position and no one would ever mind. Figure that jehovah wanted us baptized so we did. It was then that I began to realize that we were now under a different set of rules. Wife still thinks she can believe whatever she wants. She does not share her doubts with others and neither do I. The difference is I realized that I am more isolated than ever before. I could express my doubts before, even if someone heard me, well I was not one of them. Now I am baptized. I have to be careful because if kids hear me, they will most likely tell other kids and that is how they will find out. If not, there will be another way. Point being is that I am having to watch what I say and when I say it.

Just like others pointed out here. You will not be able to live like that forever. Sooner or later someone will find out. My personal stand is that people like you and, before I changed, me, do not understand the bible, God or religion for that matter. They have been separated from the path. They are now so far off that they can utter things like the ones you do. My mother in law is the same. She can rant against Babylon the great all day. When you tell her that as long as she is part of an organization as hypocritical as this one, then she is in the same position, then she will respond that she does not care what the org does wrong. She only cares about being ok with God. :/

Go figure.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You can't fix the WTBTS. It's totally corrupt. Please educate yourself on what a corporation is. The corporation is an entity that the GB work for. It runs the show.. It wants to be fed and they must

Remember that scripture about making and image and giving breath to it, and then worshipping the very image you created? What starts as an idea ( CTR ) becomes a business ( BOOZERFORD ) and then it become a sentient parasitic being that won't die. ( GB 2.0 )

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They must "obey." That part got got off. The point is, you can't fix it. The GB can't fix it. The smartest people are the ones who walked out when Boozerford took over.

To continue to attempt reform in a corporation where reform is impossible, is insanity. That is to say, it's repeating the same behavior over and over and expecting different results. THAT IS INSANE.

DD

• Alive!
    Alive!

"Just like others pointed out here. You will not be able to live like that forever. Sooner or later someone will find out. My personal stand is that people like you and, before I changed, me, do not understand the bible, God or religion for that matter. They have been separated from the path. They are now so far off that they can utter things like the ones you do. My mother in law is the same. She can rant against Babylon the great all day. When you tell her that as long as she is part of an organization as hypocritical as this one, then she is in the same position, then she will respond that she does not care what the org does wrong. She only cares about being ok with God.

Go figure."

Wow. How clear is this?

• jhine
    jhine

Brother. Jeramy and jmorgan74 can I ask what you think that the Watchtower gets right ?

I notice that my previous post has been totally ignored! I hope that I did not come across as rude, I thought that I had made a logical point . I meant to get you thinking in a way that you had probably not thought before .

I will state it in a different way . As you acknowledge the GB as having no authority and many faults how can you trust the organisation that they run ?

I ask this sincerely . You are not part of a democracy , the Watchtower is a dictatorship- everything you believe has been dictated by this same GB that you reject .

So I ask again what do you believe the WT gets right and how do you know it is right ?

Jan

• DJS
    DJS

So to recap, Brother Jeramy has come on this site to provide encouragement to the Freedom Fighters, I mean the Resistance, I mean the Existers. Their numbers are myriad, according to Brother Jeremy, and they all loathe the Dark Lords but love the idea of petting pandas and living in paradise more than they hate the Dark Lords.

Brother Jeramy refers to these myriads of Existers as the Family, and they are bound together in love of a make believe god and a fairy tale future that will never occur. The Family won't join us evil apostates in the Fight or the Resistance because, even though they hate the Dark Lords as much as we do, we are those evil apostate thing-ies, you know, that the Dark Lords warned them about. Or because there is a panda out there with their name on it, and it is so close. Oh so close.

Ok. I finally get it. Kinda sad, really.

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

jhine,

Brother. Jeramy and jmorgan74 can I ask what you think that the Watchtower gets right ?

Speaking for myself, I find that the best representation for my beliefs now and those that also align with the Watchtower are documented in Greg Stafford's writings, "Jehovah's Witnesses Defended" (third edition). Anyone can feel free to contact me privately to learn more about that.

(Also, beyond just where I agree with the Watchtower, I also turn to many other sources for spiritual assistance and good teachings, including: Stephen C. Meyer, the folks at reasons.org, and Steve Gregg. These are ones that I agree/disagree with on different topics to varying degrees, but generally I find their materials useful and edifying.)

I notice that my previous post has been totally ignored! I hope that I did not come across as rude, I thought that I had made a logical point . I meant to get you thinking in a way that you had probably not thought before .
    I will state it in a different way . As you acknowledge the GB as having no authority and many faults how can you trust the organisation that they run ?
    I ask this sincerely . You are not part of a democracy , the Watchtower is a dictatorship- everything you believe has been dictated by this same GB that you reject .

Jan, I guess I didn't directly respond to this because it is non-applicable to me personally. I am not trying to reform anything, or change anyone's minds (change must come from within a person's own mind, and my changes in belief required years of deep reflection). I personally believe that many of you come to this site and feed on each other's negativity in an unhealthy way. DJS, who no one is even talking to anymore, keeps ranting on and on about beliefs and motives neither I nor Jeramy have claimed to have. DATA-DOG keeps talking about corporations, as if a legal entity has anything to do with the problems within the organization. (I wonder, is a S Corp or C Corp more susceptible to internal corruption?) DD, what you're really talking about is Groupthink within a closed system, and I see plenty of it happening here as well. Some of you actually sound more crazy than the people you're trying to warn others about, although I recognize that this is often caused because of the deep pains and hurt you've experienced at the hands of others. I am sympathetic to that as well. I encourage everyone who has been hurt to try and heal and move forward in whatever way that is possible for you, and if you don't like religion, try giving Tony Robbins a shot.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Jmorgan, you are truly condescending.

Some of you actually sound more crazy than the people you're trying to warn others about, although I recognize that this is often caused because of the deep pains and hurt you've experienced at the hands of others.

Nice one - you call people names and then say it is their own fault. Not yours, nosiree...because, with your superior attitude, you justify it:

I am sympathetic to that as well. I encourage everyone who has been hurt to try and heal and move forward in whatever way that is possible for you,

So. You just called people crazy and wounded/unhealthy. And, then you said that you are the healthy one by offering your 'sympathy'.

Step down off your high horse - your nose is gonna trip you up if you don't lower it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit