A contribution from one of the members!

by Atlantis 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SadElder
    SadElder

I was at that Baltimore convention with Freddie. I was 16, and working in the "Public Address" (sound) department. During one of Freddie's talks the sound went out. The poor guy on the stage had every mic out there in front of Freddie, to no avail. The fellow working the sound mixer had accidentally kicked the power cord loose.

It was at that convention that Fred went on and on about 1975. I remember his words went something like this.... "we're not saying that Armageddon will come in 1975, but it would be fitting if that happend." Of course he was lilting on about the 6,000 years of man's creation ending then.

BTW I still have my collection of those same tracts still in the plastic folder we used to carry in our brief cases. I have one that is titled "Jehovah's Witnesses, Communists or Christians?"

• LogCon
    LogCon

1966 'SONS OF LIBERTY' District Assembly Brochure

Good marketing.

' THINGS IN WHICH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE '

PUBLIC DEMANDS 6,000,000 copies in 11 months in 10 languages.

English - We DEMAND YOU. Bring us the 'THINGS IN WHICH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO LIE BOOK' right now, OR ELSE.

French - Nous exigeons de vous. Nous apporter des choses en qui il est IMPOSSIBLE de mentir livre, dès maintenant, OR ELSE.

Spanish - LO exigimos. Nos traen cosas en cual se es imposible a mentir libro, ahora mismo, OR ELSE.

Chinese - 我们要求你。 为我们带来的东西中,它是不可能到谎言书,现在,或 ELSE。

Russian - Мы требуем вас. Принесите нам вещи в который он является НЕВОЗМОЖНЫМ для ЛЕЖАТ книги, прямо сейчас, OR ELSE.

Portuguese - Exigimos que você. Traga-nos coisas em qual ele é impossível para mentir livro, neste momento, ou então. Italian - CHIEDIAMO a voi. Ci portano cose IN cui essa è impossibile a mentire libro, adesso, OR ELSE.

Turkish - Eğer talep ediyoruz. Bize şeyler inç o şey imkansız için yalan kitap şu anda OR ELSE getir.

Swedish - Vi kräver du. Ge oss saker i som det är omöjligt att ligga boken, just nu, OR ELSE. Japanese - 我々 は要求します。 私たちは、ものをそれは不可能にある本を今すぐ OR ELSE をもたらします。

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Wow! Blasts from the past. I remember all those little tri-fold pamphlets.

Wow.

-Aude.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Ten

German - Wir fordern SIE. Bringen Sie uns die Dinge IN denen es ist unmöglich zu liegen Buch, gerade jetzt, OR ELSE.

OR

We have ways to make you bring us the THINGS IN WHICH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO LIE book!

• LogCon
    LogCon

Sorry, German is # 11 but I'm sure they demanded it right after the assembly.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

"THINGS IN WHICH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE". That expression has always bothered me. It infers, to me, that there are also "THINGS IN WHICH IT IS POSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE".

What's your take?

Len

• LogCon
    LogCon

FatFreek 2005

Hebrews 6:18 New Living Translation

So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.

Context God's Promise is Certain

17In the same way God, desiring even more to show to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose, interposed with an oath, 18 so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.

Interestingly, it would seems that utterances that do change could be considered a lie, Biblically speaking.

• steve2
    steve2

Public demands 6,000,000 copies in ll months in 10 languages

I have observed the public demand many, many, many things such as that local body officials be removed from office, town water supplies not be polluted, highways not be planned to disturb pristine national parks, that stiffer sentences be given child sex offenders and yes, even that Sex and The City not be cancelled.

But in all my live-long years, I have never ever once observed the public demanding even one single Watchtower publication, let alone 6,000,000 copies in 10 languages over an 11-month period. How can I possibly be that unobservant when I was one of the young and zealous door knockers in the 1960s who was busy trying to "place" that book and seldom succeeding? Little wonder, I also did not observe back in my youth what an absolutely f*cked up message we were innocently but arrogantly peddling door to door.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Going down memory lane. What a sad, pathetic religion this has been. It’s hard to believe that it has actually gotten worse. Were those maybe the good old days?

• carla
    carla

thank you, marking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit