A contribution from one of the members!

by Atlantis 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• St George of England
    St George of England

"God's Sons of Liberty" District Assembly - 1966

48 years and NOTHING of significance has changed.

What has God's Kingdom Been Doing Since 1914? BUGGER ALL - THAT'S WHAT!!

George

• steve2
    steve2

Jehovah has not been doing much since 1914 because he has been very sad about people's behavior. You should know that, when you're sad, it's very ard to find the motivation and energy to become active and there is a tendency to mope around all day long and night times are no better.

• Zoos
    Zoos

This thread is SOOOO marked!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

That tract Hope for the Dead brings back memories of how JWs made their move when someone lost a family member, taking advantage of their vulnerable state of mind and telling them that they can see their loved ones again . . . makes me wanna puke just thinking how many times I've seen my mother and the others do that.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Thanks Atlantis!

I recall leaving those tracts at not at homes in the 60's. I still have the 12 that were issued in the 50's.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Well thanks for reminding me how OLD I am! I too remember those tracks and the field service report slip. Do they still look like that? I remember that book too, a real book study gem. HA!

• whathappened
    whathappened

I remember all those old tracts. We would have to fold them ourselves.

• bennyk
    bennyk

"Incidentally, Bible chronology also fixes the time for Christ's second presence and the assuming of his right to rule as at 1914: this date was published in The Watchtower as early as 1879, thirty-five years before 1914." (The Sign of Christ's Presence, p.3)

No. This is what is called in ordinary parlance a "lie". The Watchtower taught before and even after 1914 that Christ's Second Presence had begun in 1874, and that He had assumed his right to rule in 1878.

(It was the Society's willingness to boldly lie that contributed most to my departure.)

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I never knew they ever had assemblies in Baltimore. Memorial Stadium was torn down years ago.

And the average hours for publishers in 1948 was about 14. No wonder they started to whine about getting in at least 10 hours a month.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I attended the Baltimore assembly in 1957 (

*** w57 2/15 p. 128 Announcements ***
    August 21-25, Baltimore, Md.

). Was so zealous that I had one of our Bethelites introduce me to Nathan Knorr who chastised me for thinking that I should quit high school in order to immediately enter Bethel.

A year or so earlier, just prior to field service, I grabbed one of the inventory booklets with intention on taking it out with me to place. The title, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die". An elderly special pioneer quashed my enthusiasm about doing that since it had old truth that had expired. She never shared what that was exactly but I later read it and found the 1925 prediction.

Len

by the way, that badge was a circuit assy badge from 1970.

*** km 7/70 p. 3 Announcements ***
    A new circuit assembly program is scheduled to begin in September. We believe you will find it most informative and upbuilding. The public talk will be “Who Will Conquer the World in the 1970’s?”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit