My Window Cleaner

by happy@last 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• happy@last
    happy@last

My window cleaner is a JW and as I am always working when he comes to my house I haven't seen him or spoken to him in years. The other day I was in my local town and went into a cafe for some lunch. Who is sitting there but my window cleaner and his wife. They completely shun me, however the next day I get home and find a card through the door saying he has cleaned the windows and can I pay him!!

It'll be the last time he does. How can someone with a conscience shun a person face to face and then the very next day go to their house and ask for money?

I think I know the answer to that one....

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yeah - just pay and tell him his services are no longer required and tell all your neighbours about the way you have been treated.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

They obviously have never read the "Silver Sword" where it tells them, "let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector." (Matthew 18:17)

Do my fellow Witnesses speak to "men of the nations" about the Bible as well as day - day things? Can't they see the absurdity of their indoctrination?

I wouldn't sack him, I'd heap coals upon his head by confronting him with this Bible reasoning, as well as asking him how his actions compare with Jesus' command to "continue loving your enemies" - what warped kind of love does his faith espouse?

Perhaps he'll sack himself!!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

What a little weasel.

That just sums up the jw's. You spread the "good news" about this window cleaning idiot.Give him a proper reason to dislike you!!

Knickers to him.

• barry
    barry

I would ask him for a discount on the job he has done for you and explain it is because he shunned you as part of the service to you. Make him pay for his actions.

• zound
    zound

Tell him he can come and collect his pay in person.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

You know some JWs take it too serious!

So what will you do about it?

Here is what I would do, I would make sure he knew who was paying him.

Is it hard to find good window washers?

• KateWild
    KateWild

happy@last,

It's so annoying that in our community we have to experience rude behaviour like this. He is running a business, if he treated any of his other paying customers like that I am sure he would be out of business in a shot.

Bieng friendly to clients and having the gift of the gab as it were is how many window cleaners and car valeters get regular business, you have to be good, fast and productive. However customer care is everything. Getting along with the client is paramount.

Take care Kate xx

• carla
    carla

I take it he doesn't get a Christmas bonus?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Sack him and don't pay for the clean. There's nothing he can do.

And i'm a window cleaner!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit