Why is it so hard to deconvert the JDubs?

by alonein321 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Blondie said: "Everlasting life in good health on a paradise earth and the promise of seeing your deceased loved ones brought back to life are hard things to let go of."

Why does one have to let go of that? Why not believe that but yet reject the meetings and FS and assemblies?

• Gregor
    Gregor

You can believe anything you please about what happens after you are dead. Knock yourself out, no extra charge.

• kaik
    kaik

I would say that DataDog made the best analysis. I would also add, the fear is the big factor. People are coherced into the religion by fear, by fear of destruction in Armageddon, or by fear of rejection of God's love by nullify their chance in resurrection. Many older JW who over the years see the slime and festr of the WT and FDS can in mind to think that this organization is corrupt and bad, but they are afraid even with the failures and shortcoming to abandon it will destroy their chance in paradise. I remember when DF person died that JW used to say that the person will never will be resurrected, they experienced permanent death. Every religion has two sided coin, the hell and heaven. JW have the same tool of sugar and whip. Die in Armageddon or lose your chance for resurrection in paradise, or serve his organization made of unperfect men and survive the End of Times and get a chance to live in his earthly kingdom.

The way this illusion can come down is to get members of the organization the choice if they rather believe what Jesus taught or to follow GB. However, I believe many JW would rather sail with the WT over the Lake of Fire ark. They must see that their salvation does not rest in the hands of old, morbidly obease men in Brooklyn, and WT is not the God's channel, the organization will disintegrate or splinter. But I do not think it will ever happen.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "As the world's thinking changes, the WTBTS is going to have to hide in their compound and recruit from 3rd world countries with no internet access."

And yet there are still people here who insist that the WTS will still be around for a long time yet...

• kaik
    kaik

Yeah Vidiot I am one of them who believe that WT will be here for long long time. Suckers are born into the faith every minutes. They can always bring their offsprings to continue the organization to run. They can whitewash and destroy their own past that nobody who is in the faith will care what WT published 25-50-100 years ago. There are always fools that will be drawn into the extremist religion. Even if their membership will stagnate, the WT can claim success. After 1945 many belived that Hitler devastated JW organization in Europe into such degree that they would never recover. Yet within 10 years, they had more members that they had in 1933. WTS can change some teaching, get new light, point to new imminent end and people will be sucked in and wait, and wait, and wait, till they die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit