Why is it so hard to deconvert the JDubs?

by alonein321 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Relationships.... that is so true. That's where they get you. My family is held hostage and loves it.

DD

• jgnat
    jgnat

Our capacity to loyally rally to a cause to the point of total selflessness might be an evolutionary advantage, rather than a curse. Now, this capacity can also be abused and misused. Mussolini comes to mind (Nazi is over-used).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - " I am beginning to think that I NEVER really believed any of it."

I sometimes wonder that about myself, too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

EndofMysteries, IslandMan, and LostGeneration all described it best, IMO.

• tornapart
    tornapart

100% agree with DD's post. I'd been wondering why it was so easy for me to 'see the light' when confronted with it and I think it is because I have always been quietly rebellious. Never liked being told what to do and always had an independent streak. Never fully bought into the whole 'faithful slave' idea. Yet still believed it was 'God's organisation'. It took three days of reading 'Crisis in Conscience' to knock that on the head.

I think for any one to wake up when presented with the facts that they have to be a bit of an independent thinker to start with. For those that will listen to me I've asked them to supplant the words 'Governing Body' or 'Faithful Slave' etc with the individual names of the GB members. When you read words about being loyal to the organisation, the FS or the obeying the GB... then put the individual names in, it can be quite eye opening. My son's response to it.. 'Wow!'

Crack that mentality and you may start to get somewhere.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Don't kid yourself. Pastor Russell had plenty of original ideas.

Check out "The Finished Mystery" for yourself.

Get a copy for yourself!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7017546-the-finished-mystery

Russ Painter rates it 4 of 5 stars

This book is a must read for all JWs! This was the last book published just before "Jesus chose the JW as his earthly organization". Obviously this book is what convinced him who to pick. This is what the the Revelation book says about it:

"In 1917 the Bible Students published The Finished Mystery, a powerful commentary on Revelation and Ezekiel." Revelation - Its Grand Climax At Hand! p.165

No other book is so chock full of truth that convinced Jesus to pronounce the WT as the one true religion.. It's awesome. Here are some highlights:

* 88 "proofs" that Christ's "Second Advent occurred in the Fall of 1874" (pp.68-71) How much more proof do you need?
    * The remaining Anointed would all be taken from earth to heaven in the spring of 1918. (p.64)
    * "Also, in the year 1918, when God destroys the churches wholesale and the church members by millions...." (p.485)
    * "Even the republics will disappear in the fall of 1920....Every kingdom of Earth will pass away, be swallowed up in anarchy." (p.258)
    * The rider on the white horse in Revelation 6:2 is "the Bishop of Rome, the embryo Pope, the personal representative of Satan" (p.106)
    * Michael the Archangel is the pope of Rome. (p.188)
    * The "Leviathan" of Job 41:2-19 is a locomotive. (p.85)
    * The "Behemoth" of Job 40:15-24 is a stationary steam engine. (p.84)
    * "The chariots rage in the streets, they jostle one another" of Natham 2:4 are the clanking and the bumping of railway cars. (p.93)
    * The "valiant men" of Nathum 2:3 are an engineer and a fireman. (p.93)
    * Demons will invade the minds of churchgoers in 1918, leading to their destruction. (p.128)
    * The "voice from heaven" of Revelation 18:4 is the voice of The Watchtower Society. (p.276)
    * The glory of the angel of Revelation 18:1 refers to modern discoveries such as correspondence schools, celluloid, Divine Plan of the Ages, talking machines, vacuum cleaners, induction motors, pasteurization, Panama Canal, shoe sewing machines, subways, skyscrapers, Roentgen rays. (p.273)
    * Revelation 14:20 predicted the precise distance from the place where The Finished Mystery was produced in Scranton, Pennsylvania to its shipping destination in Bethel in New York City (p. 230)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!! Vanderhoven7!! That never gets old!!

Like Tornapart said, you need to get a JW to see what's really going on first. They need to be willing to listen if that is going to happen. Then when you read the old publications it's hilarious and sad. Even more sad is the fact that the GB has not learned from the past.

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow.

I've always thought of Russel as more-or-less sincere and rational (if utterly misguided)...

...but that stuff is just pants-shittingly insane...

• scary21
    scary21

I believe Rutherford wrote it. Russell was dead by then.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Incredibly this Finished Mystery is on the JW org site and in a video

about the history of the "org" How deluded do you have to be to read

this and still accept the "governing body" as some special inspired royal

family ??? Thanks Vanderhoven , for these qoutes, I will definitely use them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit