Has a critical mass of exJWs been reached?

by truthseeker 52 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Met,

I agree with you there, this fraud has gone on so long that the Society have backed themselves in a corner with their generation teaching - it's got more wackier as time goes by.

I feel there is a deep malaise in the organization. The GB cannot induce this "sense of urgency" much longer, people are getting tired.

We are years past all the major dates and October 2014 will soon come and go.

• metatron
    metatron

Don't think for a minute that there aren't elders out there who perceive what's happened to the rank and file over past decades!

It used to be common to get nice middle class families into the 'truth'. People with decent jobs, who were in reasonably good health and mental balance.

Now, a great many congregations in the US are filled with weak, dependent, physically, emotionally and mentally ill people whose lives are a train wreck. And there are elders who realize that it wasn't always like this.

Let me add that a few discerning brothers realize that this trend is going to get worse. Why? WEED!

Once weed gets legalized - at least medically- Witnesses are going to get vaporizers and stay stoned. Good Luck with that.

The Organization isn't a business? Sorry, it is both a religion and a business. That's why it keeps cutting everything to reduce expenses.

Consider where this may go: the magazines are getting phased out in favor of a website. Book printing is minimal ( cost). Now, the Society is cutting back on Assemblies in favor of "AGM" meetings that can be held at your local Hall.

At some point, the growing mass of Witnesses that some brag about ( 'we're gonna be 9 million soon') becomes a lump that Doesn't Turn Coin and is barely able to take care of itself.

I've been wrong about lawsuits affecting the Society but the cutbacks have never stopped. So, where does that lead?

metatron

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

truthseeker - "Has a critical mass of exJWs been reached?"

Yes!

We're about to explode!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit