JWs no longer taking the Governing Body seriously.

by kneehighmiah 49 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I agree with this thread and the comments to a degree. However, there will always been zealots who will never question their precious, human, leaders. The average rank and file JW is growing apathetic though and it shows in the drying up donations, lack of commenting at meetings, lack of attendance in general, lessening of respect for elders, CO's, etc.

I am convinced that many JWs are in a similar if not identical situation as I am....living a lie for the sake of family.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Welcome Magnum. Ha.....I'm actually watching Magnum in th background while I'm posting.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope not taking that October 6, 2013 study seriously is next. Let them stint on donating, and those who are already stinting to quit donating at all. Anyone that still donates shall instead take the money they otherwise given to the Worldwide Damnation Fund and decide what they shall do with it. They shall do something that would betray lack of faith in joke-hova. They could, for instance, invest in gold and silver because they do not trust joke-hova will provide once the dollar becomes toilet paper. Or, they could invest in some really nice LED light bulbs against the coming energy crisis. They could buy a real good flashlight or lantern, some NiMH batteries, and a good charger. Or, they could invest in tools so they can learn a barter trade. If they really trust the banks, they could even put some in a savings account but beware the Bail In.

Those who are still working full time shall stay working full time, as long as their health and the business hold up. If any are already pious-sneering, they shall drop off the pious-sneer list and dog getting their time in. Most witlesses could cut their time out in field circus in half. Time thus freed is for personal use, or for working secularly, or learning, or whatever you see fit to. And no fair studying the washtowel rags and littera-trash during this extra free time--it is not for joke-hova.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Magnum,

Welcome! Thanks for the laugh!! LOL!! I hear you, loud and clear. The dummining of the R&F has accelerated over the last few years. The meetings are hell. They are so damn boring that I usually hit the sauce before I go. It's a truly opressive enviroment. Everyone you see is a potential informant. I just shut off my brain. Try not to wince or roll my eyes too much at the watchtardedness of it all.

I am going to go read that butter article now. NOT!!!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kneehighmiah - "People are tired of being told not to improve their lives materially and then being asked to spend money 'sacrifice' on a convention."

Keeping the membership low-income yet requiring them to donate more and more is what the economic world would call an "unsustainable business model".

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Magnum”: “Now I know that gb members just guess, and I feel that they sometimes just make up stuff to suit their purpose or agenda.”

Ding ding ding ding. Magnum gets the cigar on this one!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Magnum, I can remember when I first started attending in the early 80's there was always deeper discussions at that time. We even use to have WT studies at each other's homes Saturday evening after we ate dinner together, those days are long gone. Now you never get together and they discourage you getting together to study WT materials. I remember there was a time when it was highly discouraged to talk about anything in the meetings but spiritual things. If you talked about your job, shopping, vacations etc. you were spiritually weak.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I loved Magnum's post above. True words.

The average Jehovah's Witness can't tell you basic theology about the organization. They are so lost and about as deep as a thimble.

For those of us that were kids in the 70's and 80's .....this organization looks vastly different today

• tornapart
    tornapart

My friend asked me the other night if I thought that the 'King of the North' was making a comeback (ie what's happening in the Ukraine). I told her I never believed in all that stuff. She looked at me wide eyed.. 'but it's in the bible'. 'Yes' I sad 'but I don't believe in their interpretation of it'. 'Who'? she asked 'THEM'.. I said. She knew who I was talking about. We happily went over all the false prophecies, the times when we expected things to happen and they never did. We both laughed at the fact that we will both be dead before anything happens. And she still believes in 'the Organisation'.

The R&F are becoming less and less enamoured of the GB it seems to me. And I am quite happy in helping to burst the bubble...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was born-in during the early 1950s and 1960s. It is sad but I don't ever recall a time when Witness could discuss doctrine. Sorry. It was always dumb, dumb time. Most WT doctrine has no common or human sense. You don't need a detailed theological degree to know it is wrong. Most humans find it wrong at a gut level.

Perhaps my experience was atypical. As a child, the WT used to embarass me when I wasn't counting ceiling squares to counter boredom. I don't recall Witnesses discussing topics after a study. I recall casual talk for a few sentences. In fact, I don't think most of the KH crowd could tell you who Russell was. Most seemed not to know Nathan Knorr was now the president. Few knew about Freddy Franz immense intellect.

It would be nice if the WT were on its last days. I am curious how everyone here who had such amazing and rewarding discussions in earlier years, squared what they learned in elementary school with what the WT teaches. Perhaps my age is showing b/c we had school prayer. I was curious if earlier apostates predicted the end of the WT. The Internet truly has made a difference. I've lingered too much here but when we left we had no way of connecting with others who had enough. What I do see now is Witnesses using terms such as "church" for KH with worldlies. A sister I met has a weave. She wears spandex. In short, I would have been executed in the day. Perhaps they allowed too much of what the Witnesses might view as mainstreaming. The sisters are fashion plates compared to my day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit