JWs no longer taking the Governing Body seriously.

by kneehighmiah 49 Replies latest jw friends

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Magnun: how butter is made in the Alps...funny. That reminds me of that upbuilding Awake article some years back, "Ever tried Cassava leaves?"

• smiddy
    smiddy

. For one thing, JWs now are so ignorant that they don't even know their own theology; they're incapable of such discussions

So very true , and how could they , the "truth" keeps changing ever so frequently now , that it is only enlightened ones such as ourselves , who question and exchange information that the "faithful are denied , who can keep up..... Kudos to us . LOL

smiddy

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I am sorry that you had to go to the meeting.

Most JW do not listen during the meetings letters and all. People check out as soon as they enter the door.

• prologos
    prologos

and these handicapped people are rising into 'elder', teaching positions as wt-appointed leaders.

• blondie
    blondie

Long-time signs of not taking the GB seriously

1) jws don't prepare, pre-study for the meetings. Usually it is 2 or 3 people in the congregation that comment every meeting. Elders prepare very little at all for their parts, many wing it; or worse yet, walk in having forgot they had a part.

2) Many pick and choose doctrines, the smorgasbord which the WTS has accused other religions of doing. jws find ways of working around policies which leads to different applications in congregations. How many jws would respond that it is not true that only jws will survive Armageddon despite all they read in the publications?

*** g02 4/22 p. 9 Is “Private Religion” the Answer? ***

Clearly, in many respects private religion falls short of satisfying the spiritual needs of people. Really, how could a person reasonably expect to fill such needs by simply selecting beliefs from various traditions, as if picking the most enticing dishes at a buffet table or smorgasbord? It also seems clear that organized religion has failed to fill such needs.

3) many jws including elders function with the concept what others (elders, CO, DO, other jws) don't see, doesn't count.

4) many jws don't understand the WT theology...I knew in 30-year jws that could not even parrot the WTS view on 1914. And they don't discuss it during recreational time and events. Even after the meetings (and before) jws would be happily discussing new cars, new clothes, vacation, restaurant gone to, how their sports team is doing (of course to carefully selected jw friends). I used to say that men knew the NFL teams, coaches, and QBs but could not name the 12 or 13 apostles or the 9 fruits of the holy spirit let alone how many books there are in the bible.

5) New one: more jws have access to talks by the GB and hear the personal "twists" of WT official doctrine. I grew being told if it was not in print, it was not official, despite who said it from the platform. Fred Franz was well known to spout his individual philosophy.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Magnum wrote: I refused to wake somebody up on a Saturday morn and present an article on how butter is made in the Swiss Alps.

LOL~!! Thanks for the laugh...!

And welcome to JWN! I look forward to learning more about you and your thoughts.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Very true, Blondie.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I only heard about these ATMs last year on this forum. The poster seemed to be saying they are for donating only, is that correct? Absolutely gobsmacked over this, don't the brothers see any correlation between this and the likes of Jimmy Swaggart? Where are their brains! Are there any of these ATMs in assembly halls the UK?

• thedog1
    thedog1

They didn't have an ATM at the DC I went to last year in my home country but there were sisters at a desk with a machine which could swipe your credit card if you didn't have cash. I don't live in my home country any more (won't say where it is, you know why) and was shocked when I discovered one of my relatives by marriage casually mentioning that she was volunteering on the credit card desk! I had no idea this concept existed until then. Poor innocent me!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks thedog1. Please could you put these facts on the thread I've started about this? Witnesses really need to know about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit