JWs no longer taking the Governing Body seriously.

by kneehighmiah 49 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

The recent letter being us to come to Detroit shows that JWs are beginning not to take the GB seriously anymore. The buzz following the meeting was that the letter was unprecedented in its tone. This coming from long time JWs of 30 years plus. Then we received a letter asking us for contributions to cover the deficit we ran at the assembly. The letter blamed the deficit on the malfunctioning ATM machines. The real reason is that when people become apathetic the first thing they stop giving is their money. Then they stop giving their time. I haven't donated a cent since I awakened. Neither have I worked on a RBC project. I believe the new loads of ridiculous teachings are creating new levels of cognitive dissonance. People are tired of being told not to improve their lives materially and then being asked to spend money "sacrifice" on a convention. The effects are being felt. The scare tactics are falling on deaf ears. I doubt people will even be affected by this angry letter. Oh yeah we got the letter about the zone visit. Nobody cared. No buzzor excitement . Governing Body is running out of tricks in the 21st century.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Let's hope you're right!

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

" Governing Body is running out of tricks in the 21st century."

Kind of early to run out of tricks it's only 2014

• whathappened
    whathappened

Love your observations and hope this is the new trend.

• Magnum
    Magnum

My view of the gb (lower case intended) has definitely changed lately. I used to think it (the body) had a hotline to heaven - that it had all kinds of secret info that it couldn't yet reveal to us. Now I know that gb members just guess, and I feel that they sometimes just make up stuff to suit their purpose or agenda.

The whole org has changed lately; there's just a different feel/atmospere. I remember a few decades ago, when I was young, listening to older ones sit around and talk at motel pools after district convention sessions. They had deep, exciting conversations about topics like the King of the North. But those days are over. For one thing, JWs now are so ignorant that they don't even know their own theology; they're incapable of such discussions. Secondly, it seems that the org now discourages such conversations; I think that higher-ups know that such conversations are dangerous to the org. The holes in JW theology are becoming ever more apparent, and such conversations expose them more.

It's just so unbearably boring & monotonous now. It got to the point that I didn't even know what to talk about in the ministry anymore. I refused to wake somebody up on a Saturday morn and present an article on how butter is made in the Swiss Alps.

The org is becoming more and more like N Korea. Those in the org can only praise the great leaders and the regime. It's becoming such that negative talk is tolerated less and less. JWs have even been warned recently to be on guard against their own family members.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have read a number of threads recently, including this, that are very encouraging.

...truly, the end is near.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I also hope you are right.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What Magnum ^^^^ said!

It's so true. JWs no longer know their own theology. They are incapable of deep discussion on ANY subject, even WT approved subjects. Why? Because the sands shift so often and in very confusing ways. Who can keep up? Only us "apostates"!

Anyone "still in" is afraid to say anything because they are all so unsure of "what they believe."

As someone once said: Let's review: It's a cult!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

yes indeed newyork44M the end is near ..........mwah ha ha ha ha haaaaa(evil laugh)

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi Kneehighmiah,

The climate is definitely changing among JWs these days.

For example, how about this experience recently told:

Link to comment: http://meletivivlon.com/2014/03/03/wt-study-worship-jehovah-the-king-of-eternity/#comment-9230

I was referred to this site. It was amazing how the site authors had reached similar conclusions. I had already invited over a group of friends and we had disproved 1914. All of us were servants too and should have lost our privileges for such a discussion. However even though my friends acknowledged that there is no evidence to support 1914 they said we should wait on Jehovah. I then told them I didn’t believe the governing body was the faithful and discreet slave. They didn’t even flinch. Obviously a statement like that should have landed me in a judicial committee. But nobody argued against my viewpoint or reported me. I love this site because we can freely discuss things without threat of disfellowshipment. I have come to a deeper understanding and love of scripture because I no longer read the bible through a WT filter. Also if I ever am called to face a committee for my views, which I doubt, I’ll at least have all the scriptural evidence necessary to win any argument.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit