New Policy on Inactive Ones?

by Cynisister 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Because many of the decisions the WT leadership makes is about available funds, an official policy of shunning the inactive won't ever happen.

They want these folks to be 'reactivated spiritually' > get them back to the Hall so they can once again stuff the contribution boxes or swipe their credit cards.

ginger

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

No, there is no policy to shun inactive ones. Some in the congregation are jerks, and would shun active JW's. Don't judge the ones that do show respect, and follow the example of Jesus.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

as many have stated, this is not a "written" rule. But anyone here that regularly attends meetings still can read the implications that strongly suggest to do so.

I have been seeing inferences to such behaviour repeatedly over the past couple of years.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The long standing policy by the WTS. on inactive ones hold two pertaining elements, one being that these people should be

encouraged to re-attend meetings or to repel these spiritual weak individuals as a means to protect their own spirituality.

Let it be known and clear that once you do become inactive over a long period of time JWS will pretty much cast

you aside and pay no attention .

Thats the way this organization works, they only want interested followers or controlled sheep who will do the work of

being the corralling propagating sheppard.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I understood that if an inactive sheep does not 'bleet' (call for help in sheep language) they will not engage.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It wouldn't make a hell of a lot of difference to most of us who have been out for a good while, most of us are more or less shunned anyway. But, if they do tighten up, I feel sorry for those in the early stages of fading, or those just thinking of fading.

I imagine that the Top Brass don't give much thought to us, the more or less silent ones, they just have to try to quieten "Apostates".

If they actually get savvy enough to realise that the first person to realise TTATT often takes two or three along with him/her, we may see a change in policy.

The problem with that would be the huge exodus it would bring about at first, all those who were really ready to jump would be pushed.

Such an exodus would be more damaging than leaving things as they are.

G.B you have a Hobson's Choice. Ha Ha ha !

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My family and I still get invitations for the most part. There is one family that was having us over a lot, now..not so much. One of the good things about maturing is that you don't care so much. I like staying home.

DD

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Not a written rule...but my wife and I faded six years ago after having been in respectively 20 and 40 years. How many active JWs still have any contact with us...indeed ZERO.

• minimus
    minimus

Answer: not yet.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Given the organizational emphasis on avoiding like gangrene those who show clear signs of "spiritual illness" [often a term used interchangeably with apostasy or secret sins], thus leaving the matter to the hands of the congregational elders, many decide, on a personal basis - and without any scriptural backing - to start a soft shunning towards the inactive ones. It may not involve total cut off from communication, but certainly it involves restricting social interaction outside the Kingdom Hall to the bare minimum. There comes a time when the "inactive" has been for so long away from the congregation, that the active publishers become unsure if that person is still a JW or it has DF'd or DA'd. When in doubt, the Witnesses tend to avoid the person, to avert any possible awkward situation.

It's a strange world, the JW world.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit