New Policy on Inactive Ones?

by Cynisister 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sspo
    sspo

I faded and no relatives talk to me anymore....of course rumors are i am an apostate. :)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Disrespecting or socially repelling inactive ones, varies from person to person and it is expressed by these

individuals as an actual display of their own righteousness.

In recent years I've seen more of this distancing from devout JWs, particularly upon family members who have left the Borg.

This might have been instigated by the WTS. for the reasons being that their members might actual hear the

truth about " The Truth "

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Don't believe that to be accurate. The "strong" are always warned against fraternizing with the "weak."

Being inactive myself, I find it quite nice to have been written off so entirely. So, although there may not be a directive to treat inactive like DF'd, the reality is....when inactivity is considered spiritual illness, you are typically cut off. Once you get used to the fact that you are no longer "welcome" it is much easier to break even farther away.

SOP

• steve2
    steve2

Human nature being what it is, some people are easier to shun than others...not that I would ever engage in such behavior myself. Yet, when I was an active JW, I felt like shunning some of the more zealous witnesses - personality-wise they were extremely off-putting. You know what I mean?

What it boils down to, I guess, is each person brings their own lens to what it means to relate to others who are not actively engaged in the organization. Some witnesses go over the top and love bomb, others sniff their noses at you for daring to present yourself in public.

It's a cruel, cruel world, lightened every now and then by some lovely, heart-warming experiences. My dogs would never shun me no matter how "inactive" I become. When they found out I was no longer door-knocking, the intensity of their licking my face did not diminish one little bit. Their priorities are right: Master, please feed us and rub our tummies.

• Londo111
    Londo111

On occasion, a CO or a DO will basically say as much. But there is nothing official in writing that can be directly traced back to the Watchtower.

The 2013 Yearbook had an example of a newly baptized person shunning an inactive person. It is not a command per say, but they count on people reading between the lines. There are always extremists (extreme compared to the average JW) in every Kingdom Hall that go beyond official policy in an effort to prove their self-righteousness.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Cynisister:

As far as the JW religion trying to enforce anything against "inactives" and "faders", let them go ahead.

Many of these people weren't my friends thirty years ago and they practically ostracized single working women like myself, so it is no loss to me. So, let them go ahead and "shun". Whatever.

It's a laugh because many have aged so much they can hardly be recognized in stores, so I wouldn't even know if they were ignoring me. It is useless vanity on their part to even imagine it will be noticed.

• L3G
    L3G

I'm sure this is some untrue rumor. Mutiple elders and publishers have tried to reactivate me, both personally and by mail. And they don't give up. Only by quietly moving was I able to stop the personal visits.

Of course, each situation is different. One factor to consider is this: from their viewpoint, do you (or any inactive one) appear as a spiritual threat to them or their "spiritual paradise"? If you are viewed as a threat, then you will be treated very diffentely from one who is just viewed as weak or "stumbled."

• blondie
    blondie

2013 11/15 page 23-24 paragraph 10 (should be www.jw.org)

In a spiritual sense, overseers have the responsibility of protecting, nursing, and caring for the health of members of the congregation, especially those who have hurt themselves or who have fallen sick spiritually. (Read James 5:14, 15.) Some of these individuals may have strayed from the flock and have stopped engaging in Christian activities. In such a case, would not a caring elder do all in his power to find each lost sheep and urge that one to return to the fold, that is, to the congregation? Of course he would! β€œIt is not a desirable thing with my Father who is in heaven for one of these little ones to perish,” explained Jesus.β€” Matt. 18:12-14 .

2013 11/15 page 13-14 paragraph 16

Help those who have become inactive . Jesus said that there is joy in heaven when just one lost sheep is found. (Matt. 18:14; Luke 15:3-7) Obviously, Jehovah cares deeply about all those who have expressed love for his name, even if they are not actively serving him at present. When we help such ones return to the congregation, we contribute to making Jehovah and the angels rejoice.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is an old chestnut that will not go away....I am unsure whether people want it to be true - or fear it being true? Either way, it isn't...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is the written and Unwritten Rule in WBT$ World..

The Unwritten Rule carrys more weight..Thats why faders "can be/are" shunned..

..................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit