New Policy on Inactive Ones?

by Cynisister 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

This may have been discussed, but I just recently was told that a KM this past year stated that inactive ones are now to be treated as if they are df'd. Is this so? Thanks.

Cynisister

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Not true.

Doesn't stop them from doing on their own of course.

• designs
    designs

Good question, there are thousands of "faders".

• paladin
    paladin

I am fading and I am being shunned by some members for not doing enough. Very cultish religion. I am not aware of any KM stating such.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't know of any WT teaching to that effect.

So far they seem to be taking the approach of trying to love bomb inactive ones by telling them how much they are missed.

However, given the us v. them mindset of the organization, if that doesn't produce results, I wouldn't be surprised if they soon start taking a hard line against inactive JWs, probably tied in to warnings about imminent destruction at Armageddon of all who aren't loyally serving Jehovah.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Most of the dutiful rank-and-filers treat faders and inactives as "semi-DFed" these days, anyway.

The couple of local JWs who are aware of my family and I are always nice to us when they see us, but it's an elder and his wife, so... *shrugs*

I don't imagine the WT heirarchy likes inactives very much, and maybe sometime in the future, I can see them trying out some kind of initiative to ferret out the faders whilst simultaneously reinforcing their authority over the loyalists, but I don't know what kind of negative blowback (if any) they'd receive from something like that.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Although not "official" Watchtower policy to treat Inactive ones as DF'd, the very self-righteous have always reserved this stance for anytime they felt like it.

With anti-JW web sites regularly talking about fading and how to fade, I'll really surprised the Watchtower hasn't come up with something by now to make it much harder on anyone contemplating this course to leave the Watchtower.

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

Stop resisting the clownbags. The only thing you can control with a narcissist is the narcissistic supply that you allow them to have.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I get the love-bomb (we miss you so much) and the guilt-thing (your wife is so sad at the meetings without you) when I bump into them. The last time I was at a meeting, most of the folks were fine, but I got the cold-shoulder from the more self-righteous ones. Where's the love? WWJD?

• KateWild
    KateWild

My daughter has faded out and is being shunned for not going to meetings, but not by everyone.

Funny though ones that seem to be doing the shunning are participating in immoral activities, like getting drunk and going on the ministry with a hang over and fornication. Hypocrites, they are living double lives and shunning. What a load of nonesense I say

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit