Jehovah's Witnesses Street recruiting thwarted by "Apostates"

by Watchtower-Free 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I watched some if their videos and they are so sweet!

Good Job! You got those JWs to go home! What ever it takes!

Medical background who says that! Doctor or nurse maybe but medical background! LOL

Nice try elder!

Good time to point out that many people his age was not allowed a higher education! It just made me mad hearing him brag! Phony!

I bet if he does have a degree it is obvious he throws it up in the JWs faces at the KH to make them feel lowly. LOL

I've got a "medical background." Lol

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I make regular efforts to witness to Witnesses. My most recent line was to say how I felt so sorry for them on the basis they were victims of an organisation that had perfected techniques to mislead and manipulate over a 100 year period. The look on their faces was priceless as they went from fake warmth to lack of comprehension to stunned silence.

• bigmac
    bigmac

are these literature carts stable--or do they get knocked over easily ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

gonna try it when I see one, just give it an accidental nudge LOL

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

are these literature carts stable--or do they get knocked over easily ?

Let me comment on the literature carts. Those guys in the video were not even standing next to their cart. No one would have even known it belonged to them. Those carts are an absolute discrace to what past witnesses went through in their public witnessing. The whole JW urgent life saving preaching work is a joke. Nothing but people setting up carts or riding around wasting time, then sending in a time report to the Watchtower on how much time they wasted.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You said it, Alpha.

Today's JWs are a pretty soft bunch.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am glad they have lost zeal, zeal=zealot, and from zealot to terrorist is but a small step.

The more benign the individual JW's get the better. The leadership are the problem though, they are still zealous for $$$.

• steve2
    steve2

We would roundly deplore JWs for behaving in the undignified manner this couple behaved. Their repeated allegations had the effect of badgering (the statement about the masonic connection was repeated ad nauseum). From the scant public's observations, the couple would have appeared unhinged while the 2 Witnesses would have hardly been noticed. Talk about fan the flames of feeling persecuted.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "The leadership are the problem though, they are still zealous..."

From what I can see, they're currently in the process of transitioning from radical to extremist; that often happens to small authoritarian regimes as they feel increasingly threatened (and anybody who doesn't believe the WTS heirarchy is feeling increasingly threatened at this point is naive, IMO).

Typically, it creates a kind of cascade effect, in which more and more moderates and otherwise rational individuals feel compelled to leave the group until only the hard-liners and wingnuts are left.

Things usually start escalating into serious weirdness at that point...

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Their repeated allegations had the effect of badgering (the statement about the masonic connection was repeated ad nauseum)

Agreed. The couple should critique their approach. Don't call them brothers. Don't tell them you love them. Don't mention anything about the Freemasons. Just keep boldly engaging the JW's in public. The JW's can either learn to defend their beliefs against TTATT, say nothing and just accept their being challanged, or STFU and go home to do something constructive with their time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit