The Atheist "Good News " !

by Phizzy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Abe,

I have watched almost 10 mins of your video and would like to make a comment thus far. First, the man making the video has no credentials. He does not say who he is or where he was educated or what organisation he is part of. If he is truly a bible scholar he would have some of these credentials.

Second, he is saying, When is Armaggedon? is the wrong question to ask because it's a place. Many JWs will just answer that and say it's symbolic. Knowing what to take literally and what to take symbolically is up for interpretation.

I may listen to more if I have nothing better to do, but I would much rather listen to Bart Erhman, a bible scholar with tru credentials than listen to some unknown guy from the internet.

We cannot trust everything we read and watch, learning how to trust credible sources is a skill we can all learn.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Abe,

I have listened to almost 25 mins of this video. This is all I am prepared to watch. It's just one man's interpretation, he is disscussing how to identify a false prophet now. This video is good for people who believe the bible is from God and that it is a book of prophecy. Although I am not an Atheist, there is no proof or evidence in this video so far to suggest that anything that is said is reliable.

Sadly this video is not my cup of tea, I believe in God and that he is the creator. I would much rather watch a youtube interview with Bart Ehrman promoting his book entitled "Did Jesus Exist" I will let you know what I think and post the link if it was any good.

Kate xx

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Jookbeard kindly wrote " Phizzy , you are the last person I'd class as being an evangelist or have fundamental viewpoints as regards to atheism,or any other view !"

Well thanks Jookie ! I do bring the Good News that there is no God to those who will listen, so I am an Evangelist in that way LOL

Most of what I write or say emanates from my Fundament, so I suppose I am a fundamentalist in its literal maeaning of "mad as assholes " !

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

ABe is your life not worth more than information and other opinion on mediums like videos. These are only other people's opinions.

You have avoided my questions.

Are you able to answer in your own words.

It does require thinking of course.

galaxie,

That video is my own words.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Abe,

I have listened to almost 25 mins of this video. This is all I am prepared to watch. It's just one man's interpretation, he is disscussing how to identify a false prophet now. This video is good for people who believe the bible is from God and that it is a book of prophecy.

Kate,

If all you watched is 25 minutes then you are not able to see any confirmation of that statement I made and was then challenged to show proof.

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen IS HAPPENING.

I do not need credentials or consensus.

The conclusion of the video speaks for itself.

But hey, Jesus Christ said; "and they took no note".

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen IS HAPPENING!

My credentials or anyone elses do not compare to Jesus Christ's own credentials.

What an amazing King who told us what would happen about 2000 years ago and now its really happening!

Jesus Christ's credentials are awesome!

If anyone else wants to see why then I invite you to watch (all of) the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWpswSs_an4

abe

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Jesus of Nazareth, who you call Jesus Christ, is not even proven to be an historical figure.

To talk of "credentials" for what may well be mainly a fictional person is just silly.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Jesus of Nazareth, who you call Jesus Christ, is not even proven to be an historical figure.

To talk of "credentials" for what may well be mainly a fictional person is just silly.

Then why is everything he said that would happen actually HAPPENING?

The abundant amount of evidence throws statements like you have made above beyond the boundaries of anything reasonable.

abe

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We cannot ever know what "Jesus" said, the writings we have on him have no Provenance.

Please start a Thread of your own on the wonderful fulfillment of what this fictitious character is supposed to have said.

This Thread is about the Atheist Good News.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Abe you obviously cannot quote anything jesus said without the mouthpiece of a mere mortal, and we know absolutely how unreliable they can be.

Time for some serious thinking.

Remember jesus wrote not a syllable of the bible, dont you think his followers had an agenda?

It is only their words via multy renditions/translations/additions/subtractions, you are giving credence to.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Please start a Thread of your own on the wonderful fulfillment of what this fictitious character is supposed to have said.

This Thread is about the Atheist Good News.

You are correct.

If what Jesus Christ said would happen is actually happening then that is the last thing an atheist would want.

There is an enormous amount of atheist testimony shared amoungst millions of people which would be at stake.

Even entire lives lived.

I get it.

I'll start a thread.

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit