The Atheist "Good News " !

by Phizzy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxie
    galaxie

Thanks able,..BUT , what is it proof of ? I saw and heard nothing that has givin me an

answer to the questions I posed.

Why not try your own words.

Your premise re the bible and JWs seems a bit skewed.

Are you sure being that exJWs are pretty small in comparison to

mankinds population, is that not the audience the bible was supposed

to be written for? Mmmmmm I think you need to review your understanding.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

2 be sure to let those with faith know your evidence, you never know you

could be hailed as the new messiah!!

The Messiah!

Heck no!

However, if you take note of everything in the video there is a spiritual gift which I do acknowledge having received:

1 Corinthians 12:8-11

For example, to one there is given through the spirit speech of wisdom, to another speech of knowledge according to the same spirit, 9 to another faith by the same spirit, to another gifts of healings by that one spirit, 10 to yet another operations of powerful works, to another prophesying, to another discernment of inspired utterances, to another different tongues, and to another interpretation of tongues. 11 But all these operations the one and the same spirit performs, making a distribution to each one respectively just as it wills.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Thanks able,..BUT , what is it proof of ? I saw and heard nothing that has givin me an

answer to the questions I posed.

Well, I posted the video 39 minutes ago and your response above was posted 9 minutes ago.

It is a 60 minute video.

Do the math.

Perhaps you really should watch the video.

abe

• galaxie
    galaxie

Abe your correct but what I heard had nothing to do with my questions.

Are you saying because you read an ancient scripture that has given you

Discernment of inspired? Utterances.

Do you honestly believe that?

Where's the proof? Your just guessing.

Why weren't you given different tongues?

Cmon abe wise up dont insult your intelligence.

Why are you paying heed to jesus supposed words through

other mouthpieces can you really trust ancient mortals

Why not drag youself into the present.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven - If Venter has created life in his lab how come I never heard about it and when does he get his Nobel Prize? Has he pubished it yet?

I do believe it will happen but are you sure about your claim? Please post a link to the paper or a report about the paper from a credible source.

Hi Cofty... I am not certain I can answer your first 2 questions. I know personally that the general news I listen to and read does not tend to put these types of articles front and center. I have to go digging for them. I am also not associated with any of the Nobel Prize awarding institutions so I cannot say when or if Venter will receive a prize. From what I understand he has many awards, and won the 2008 National Medal of Science award (America's most prestigious scientific prize, bestowed by the president).

He is published in the journal Science. Not sure if you consider this a credible source. Here is the link: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/329/5987/52.full

Here is his TED talk:

http://www.ted.com/talks/craig_venter_unveils_synthetic_life.html

• cofty
    cofty

He transplanted synthetic DNA into a recipient cell. That isn't creating life.

We report the design, synthesis, and assembly of the 1.08–mega–base pair Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0 genome starting from digitized genome sequence information and its transplantation into a M. capricolum recipient cell to create new M. mycoides cells that are controlled only by the synthetic chromosome.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Try saying that five times fast.

• Heaven
    Heaven

cofty said": He transplanted synthetic DNA into a recipient cell. That isn't creating life.

Venter argues differently. Others agree with you. cofty, please help me to understand. What is the definition, then, of creating life? And how would you classify the results from Venter's team's work?

The cell replicated itself into a colony of organisms containing only the synthetic DNA.

(Also, do you feel we are getting off topic and perhaps should take this elsewhere?)

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Discernment of inspired? Utterances.

Do you honestly believe that?

Yep, watch the video, you'll see why.

Why not drag youself into the present.

Watch the video and you should see why I am 100% convinced that everything that Jesus Christ said would happen is really happening..................................... at the present time.

It does answer your question:

You dont need faith because you have proof?

1 proof of what ?

Watch the video.

abe

• galaxie
    galaxie

ABe is your life not worth more than information and other opinion on mediums like videos. These are only other people's opinions.

You have avoided my questions.

Are you able to answer in your own words.

It does require thinking of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit