The Atheist "Good News " !

by Phizzy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

We are all born atheists. We are then moulded to become believers/religious.

Atheist Babies

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

We are all born atheists. We are then moulded to become believers/religious.

After my journey through the public school system the moulding was more towards evolution and science.

With diagrams in my text books of monkeys slowly evolving into neanderthals and then eventually modern men

and stories about life accidently happening in an ancient pool of chemical soup.

Absolutely no evidence was provided!

Believing in any of that stuff required a lot of faith in the scientists who dreamed it up.

But hey, in regards to being born, a tiny baby being the result of billions of accidents happening over billions of years

and reaching back to that ancient pool of soup seemed ridiculous to me.

I reached that conclusion while being raised by agnostic parents who only went to church when they were invited to a wedding.

While being moulded in the public school system to believe evolution I came to recognise that I had been born into a society

that was very willing to dispense a ton of BS to its very young and new members.

I watched others in my peer group just sucking it up without question.

One thing I do not have faith in is the garbage the public school system teaches to the new members of its society.

After high school I was very willing to examine any alternative to the BS I had been taught in the public school system by people who I came to realize could not be trusted.

abe

• Heaven
    Heaven

abe said: Absolutely no evidence was provided!

The extensive fossil record is a good place to start. Also check out the Miller-Urey experiments (conducted back in the 1950s) which have shown that amino acids, the building blocks of life, could be formed under primitive Earth conditions.

Craig Venter and his team have created life in the lab.

Science's goal is to find the truth regardless of where it takes us and it continues in this search.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Craig Venter and his team have created life in the lab.

Whaaaaaaat?

Life was created!

Interesting concept.

abe

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Phizzy , you are the last person I'd class as being an evangelist or have fundamental viewpoints to regards atheism or any other view !

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi able....,We all agree that we exist. We all know there had to be a causal process.

Was it supernaturally intended ?.For what reason, who do you rely on for that answer, can you trust those who proffer that answer

By what reasoning do you accept/agree with their explanation?

Was it not supernaturally intended? Ditto the same questions.

Which of these two scenarios is more serious about the answers?

You seem to deride scientific investigation be it theoretical or conclusive, why?

The scientists do not wish you harm they are seeking evidential explanations to

very profound questions.

The examples you mention of monkeys, primordial soup are very vague. Do you mean

The agreed facts of evolution from very primative conditions of biological reaction to life in the present?

The one certainty is life in all its forms exists, if you conclude it came about by the hand of a supernatural force

You only have faith at your disposal. Faith:..strong belief WITHOUT PROOF!!

Best let science have a shot at it their doing an exemplary job and discovering new things all the time if you'd take the time to look.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Was it supernaturally intended ?.For what reason, who do you rely on for that answer, can you trust those who proffer that answer

Yes!

By what reasoning do you accept/agree with their explanation?

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen is really happening!

The composite total of all the evidences drives skepticism beyond any reasonable boundary.

You only have faith at your disposal. Faith:..strong belief WITHOUT PROOF!!

I used to have faith that what Jesus Christ said would happen, would happen however, now that it IS happening I no longer need faith that it would happen.

I have a strong conviction WITH LOTS OF PROOF!

I no longer need faith.

abe

• Heaven
    Heaven

abe said: Whaaaaaaat?

Life was created!

Yes. There is no need for God for life to be created.

• cofty
    cofty

Heaven - If Venter has created life in his lab how come I never heard about it and when does he get his Nobel Prize? Has he pubished it yet?

I do believe it will happen but are you sure about your claim? Please post a link to the paper or a report about the paper from a credible source.

Ablebodiedman - Your school may well have been rubbish but you have had more than enough time to educate yourself about the fact of evolution since then. Ignorance is a choice.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Able , can you quote me anything jesus said without using the words of another?

Therefore what is happening that someone said jesus said?

You dont need faith because you have proof?

1 proof of what ?

2 be sure to let those with faith know your evidence, you never know you

could be hailed as the new messiah!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit