The Atheist "Good News " !

by Phizzy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sam , "Kate Wild", asserted that I am an Evangelist for Atheism, O.K then, here is the Atheist "Good News".

"There is no God, now relax and enjoy life".

• galaxie
    galaxie

AMEN now where's the party!!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

My place, every Friday night. No collections are taken.

• alonein321
    alonein321

May I suggest our "Reasoning" book:

A Manual for Creating Atheists - Peter Boghossian

• prologos
    prologos

is the party after sundown, coincidinng with the start of the Sabbath?

are you sure you spelled noose right? is it all good?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only religious connection in my Friday night revels is that I religiously get drunk.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lol that cheered me up. I needed a shot of humour. Well done. Kate xx

• Laika
    Laika

I tend to think the best thing about atheism is that you no longer need to 'save' people or generally care about people's beliefs which is why I find a manual for creating atheists a weird concept.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

A Manual for Creating Atheists

I do enjoy a tongue in cheek title. It reminds me of Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time.

Key concepts in his book are:-

• Do not treat an encounter as a debate, it’s an intervention there will be no winner/loser.
    • Use Socratic questions to examine opening up the idea of critical thinking.
    • Steer your conversation away from the concepts of gods or religion, concentrate on how people know things.
    • Never walk away or give up on anyone!
    • Consider the word “faith” to mean “pretending to know things you don’t know.
    • No not allow the conflation of faith and trust.

http://www.atheismuk.com/2013/12/20/atheism/book-review-a-manual-for-creating-atheists-by-peter-boghossian/comment-page-1/

• prologos
    prologos

If it is a really 'BIG' Sabbath, like the passover story in Jesus' day, at least 4 glasses of wine were served. that is a good start.

Some here are still having a case of religious hangover from the run-away Theist splurge we participated in, so

we are reluctant to so fully embrace this A-Theist 'good news'.

Reminds us of the un-enviable prospect of people in Eastern Europe in 1945. Having just lived through the bloodiest time in Human history, and brutally liberated from Nazi-organising, now had to embrace the Stalin/Lenin dogma and apparatus to make it. Not that Atheism or Atheists have shown these terrible traits, but for Deists and Agnostics the verdict is still out. The wise slogan was WM*. without me.

Friday's do is not a victory party.

* or one of it's local language equivalents, like OM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit