UN NGO Association Document

by pronomono 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pronomono
    pronomono

Does anyone know where the UN moved their statement about the Watchtower NGO association? It used to be that you could use the search function (See: http://search.un.org/search?q=Watchtower+Bible+Tract+Society+filetype%3Apdf&btnG=Search+UN+Website&output=xml_no_dtd&client=UN_Website_en&proxystylesheet=UN_Website_en&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8
    &adv=true&lr=lang_en&num=100&sort=score&Submit2=Search&ulang=en&entqrm=0&ud=1&exclude_apps=1&site= ) and find it in the results, but as of January, I can't find it anymore. It's nice to be able to pull this from an official site instead of having to resort to JWFacts when showing this to active JWs.

Any ideas? Are they only showing 10 years worth of documents?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they have taken it down yes, but JW Facts has all the relevant stuff on the site.

If any JW was really doubting the veracity of what they see on Paul's site, they could always e-mail the U.N who would confirm all documents as genuine.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

pronomono, the JWFacts page that shows the document has a link to an archived version of the document on the UN's site. For someone who understands what they are looking at, the URL makes it clear that it comes from the UN's site even though it is now on archive.org.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jwleaks has it.

DD

• pronomono
    pronomono

Well, that sucks. I have the link to the official document in the UN Library and my own archives stored on my PC. It's odd that the document is still accessible via the link but not via the search function.

Phizzy, in my case, the U.N. wasn't responsive in verifying the document. I sent their DPI division an email asking for information or official documentation relating to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's previous NGO association and never received a reply in my inbox or junk mail.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Here is the link to the archived PDF. It does have ",...un.gov\,.." within the URL but am unsure that this is a "proof" that it is a valid UN Letter.

I'm not saying it's not, I believe it is, but am thinking what a jw apologist would argue. Better to be prepared than surprised.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090126152929/http://un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

NJY

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

The complimenting website to JWN is JW-Facts and it contains all the information on the United Nations Scandal including all the emails between the UK Guardian Contributor and unpaid Joseph Goebells of the Watchtower Mr. Paul Gillies, you might think Paul got caught in a web of lies when you read the Email links.

• Incognito
    Incognito

pronomono said:

I sent their DPI division an email asking for information or official documentation relating to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's previous NGO association and never received a reply in my inbox or junk mail.

The UN had initially been overwhelmed with enquiries regarding the WT's association as an NGO. It is not the UN's purpose to answer questions about who is associated with them and membership is probably a non-issue to anyone other than JWs.

Since so many were interested in the matter, posting the info was likely the easiest and least resource intensive method to provide information to everyone interested.

As the letter is no longer a current matter to the UN, they moved it to the archive site where it remains accessible but not as part of the UN's main website. The archive link notjustyet posted, clearly indicates the link to UN.org.

JWs remain suspicious of any non-favorable information as they blame "apostates" for making it up so I understand your desire to reference the letter directly from the UN. A problem remains: Even when the letter was posted on the UN's main site, JWs would often state that apostates hacked the UN website and posted the letter without the UN's knowledge.

The fact that so many active JW's deny that the WT ever would be associated with the UN is a positive thing. When factual evidence is finally accepted by a few JWs with ability to think and reason, it has prompted some of them to look deeper into the WT's teachings and history.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Yeah Apostates forged and planted the UN docs, just like Satan planted the Dinosaur bones, and neanderthal fossils, and deceptively made Jerusalem appear to be destroyed in 587 just to make future humans doubt the WTS!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

The UN specifically posted that document to try and stem the tide of requests. It's a bureaucratic nightmare, I tell you. Leave the UN alone and write Bethel instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit