An important question for active JW's

by Honesty 39 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

God’s Word commands: “Speak truth each of you with his neighbor.” (Eph. 4:25) This command, however, does not mean that we should tell everyone who asks us all he wants to know. We must tell the truth to one who is entitled to know, but if one is not so entitled we may be evasive. But we may not tell a falsehood.

Lying by omission

Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions. When the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly but does not tell that a fault was reported at the last service, the seller lies by omission. It can be compared to dissimulation.

Dissimulation is a form of deception in which one conceals the truth. It consists of concealing the truth, or in the case of half-truths, concealing parts of the truth, like inconvenient or secret information. Dissimulation differs from simulation, in which one exhibits false information. Dissimulation commonly takes the form of concealing one's ability in order to gain the element of surprise over an opponent.

The five primary forms of Deception are: [citation needed]

1. Lies: making up information or giving information that is the opposite or very different from the truth. [ 2 ]
    2. Equivocations: making an indirect, ambiguous, or contradictory statement.
    3. Concealments: omitting information that is important or relevant to the given context, or engaging in behavior that helps hide relevant information.
    4. Exaggerations: overstatement or stretching the truth to a degree.
    5. Understatements: minimization or downplaying aspects of the truth. [ 1 ]

.................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• heavensgate11
    heavensgate11

The mischaracterization or character assassination came from you outlaw not me.

All that you just mentioned above pertains to you not me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The mischaracterization or character assassination came from you outlaw not me.

All that you just mentioned above pertains to you not me......HeavensGate11

..............................You Have No Other Rebuttal Than..

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/i_know_you_are_pee_wee_herman.gif

...........................Your WBT$ Education Is Showing..LOL!!..

.......................................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

"Those witness of today started in 1931. Make the distinction

between JW’s and IBSA of yesteryear not the deception"

Heavens Gate ? Isn't that a Korean Cult ? One Cult at time here please.

What was so great and "pure" about IBSA ??? Did you ever read the writings

of Charles Taze Russell ?? That was IBSA - Lunatic , Pyramid worshiping, Sign

of ISIS on his book covers, babbling about how many steps it took to get to

certain locations in New York City having something to do with Bible Prophecy,

thats IBSA. JW's and IBSA, all squirrels, in different cages.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Wait but I thought Jehovah "chose" his people in 1919. So you're saying Jehovah didn't choose the JW's then? You're trying to distance the IBSA from the JW's. So Jehovah didn't choose the IBSA back then? The JW's are wrong about this? If you don't think the JW's of today should be associated with the IBSA of yesteryear then why do you think that Jehovah would have wanted to associate with them?

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

No offense to anyone here, but I don't really consider myself part of the "JWN community." What do you mean by that, exactly?

I was never a JW, but according to your own words, the public is being deceived by Watchtower publications... does this encourage me to join, or does it prompt me to ask more questions?

Clearly, I was deceived by the WT publications.

I wonder if any JW's have been deceived?? (I think that was the original question)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wait on jehovah®

They're just imperfect men doing their best®

It's the nearest thing to the truth®

Giveall your money to the Governing body® and worship them alone or you will die at Armageddon®

• bigmac
  • bigmac
    bigmac

" Good morning, we're making brief vis

SLAM

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"....Although [Joseph] Rutherford served for 25 years as president of the Watch Tower Society and devoted all his energy to advancing the work of the organization, he was not the leader of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and he did not want to be."

This quote is a little gem!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit