An important question for active JW's

by Honesty 39 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Good OP Honesty,

I suppose it's all about having integrity over a lie. Many still in for family have to be liars as best they can. I couldn't do it. I learned TTATT and it took me 10 months to execute my exit plan. I couldn't keep up the facade. Many still in for family just do the bear minimum on the ministry or even lie about their hours.

Good question, I feel sorry for those still in that know TTATT.

Kate xx

• a watcher
    a watcher

I pretty much agree with jonah and heavensgate.

Tell the truth as you know it and let the chips fall where they may.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

heavensgate said:

If you research the JW’s past remember,

Those witness of today started in 1931. Make the distinction between JW’s and IBSA of yesteryear not the deception

you find here at JWN

Perhaps you would like to explain then why Jesus approved the IBSA of 1919 as being superior to all other religions on earth?

Or are you just another revisionist historian when it comes to the sordid past of the WTBTS?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why not use the standard jw copout, "I need to research that and get back to you.".....Blondie

LOL!!@Blondie!!..Play dumb and never return!..

For example do you believe that humans may be ressurrected to

live on earth again?????? Do you think we will ever see global peace????

jonahstourguide looks like he`s a master at changing the subject..

Those witness of today started in 1931. Make the distinction between JW’s and IBSA of yesteryear not the deception

you find here at JWN.....heavensgate11

Heavensgate would like to pretend the WBT$ never existed before 1931..

Which is totally misleading and deceptive..

I pretty much agree with jonah and heavensgate.....awatcher

awatcher is good with changing the subject or being deceptive..

These are the JW`s who come to your door,Claiming to have The Truth..But.

..........................................Can`t Be Truthful..

....................... Thanks To All 3 For Letting Us Know..

...................................JW`s can`t be Trusted..

....................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Laughing @ Outlaw....

" Good morning, we're making brief visits today,,,,,,HEY is that AC DC you're playing?????"

(Wait for response from householder).......

"I used to see them live in their early days! I fondly remember the Bondi Lifesaver nye bash" ....

jtg,,,,,,,,,

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Welcome heavensgate.

I am sorry, but according to official doctrine, the society used solely the GB appointed in 1919 up until today. This means the "name change" of 1931 and skism of sects including the bible students, all took place witht he GB in charge of their task according to the doctrine currently taught.

If there is "deception" here regarding JW's, by all means please bring it to our attention. We are not interested in promulgating falsehoods of any kind.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I was thinking along the lines of blondie's comment, but more of a "let me show you what the bible says (via our literature of course) so you can decide for yourself".

Believe nothing control everyone!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Laughing @ Outlaw....

" Good morning, we're making brief visits today,,,,,,HEY is that AC DC you're playing?????"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BtkCr9uL9F0/UkWzJo4BGjI/AAAAAAAADhM/KHCl18IutR8/s1600/ac-dc-o.gif

.............................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

So, the JWs of 1931 are completely different from the IBSA prior?

So, when did the JWs renounce the actions and teaching of the IBSA?

Then you believe and respect the teachings of JF Rutherford, as he was primarily responsible for the changes during that time period. So you are OK with his drunkenness, sexual immorality, and lavish lifestyle (Beth Sarim, luxury cars)?

• heavensgate11
    heavensgate11

Oh I see your argument is built on guilt by association. Not that the JW’s of 1931 departed from those views and doctrines but are to be held accountable for others previous actions and views

I guess then if that’s the case

All modern U.S. citizens are guilty of slavery as their forefathers were

All modern British citizens are guilty of murder for all past British Military massacres in Africa

All modern Catholics are guilty or have blood in their hands for past Pontiff massacring the Crusaders

Etc, etc. Got it!!!!!! Thanks outlaw for your good reasoning

APPLY THEN:

If one wishes to form a true estimate of the full grandeur of religion, one must keep in mind what it undertakes to do for men. It gives them information about the source and origin of the universe, it assures them of protection and final happiness amid the changing vicissitudes of life, and it guides their thoughts and motions by means of precepts which are backed by the whole force of its authority.

SIGMUND FREUD, New Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit