Picking on Harold Camping- again

by A.proclaimer 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

Blame Beth Sarim on ol' Harold too

• pronomono
    pronomono

This will probably be the first meeting I openly boycott. It's sickening. I was just thinking to myself last week how JWs are so much like Harold Camping. The difference is Camping decided to shut up after he was wrong for the third time.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" It is true that the Witnesses have made mistakes in thier understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods ."____Reasoning book page 136

What a fool believes, he sees

No wise man has the power to reason away

what seems to be is always better than nothin' ( Cuz they're convinced that there's nowhere else to go )

_____Micheal McDonald

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

When will they turn the finger of blame back on themselves? Morons.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It is the Public edition. The writers are banking on the readers knowing next-to-nothing about JWs.

Anyway, it's typical doublethink.

"We're not like Harold Camping (even though we put our unique spin on Bible prophecy and predict specific events to occur very, very soon)."

"We're not creationists (but we believe God created everything)."

"We're not political (despite teaming up with UN-related organizations to lobby for religious freedoms)."

"We believe in freedom of belief (but not for our own members)."

"We obey the Bible's command to abstain from blood (even though we take blood in fractionated form)."

Etc., etc.

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

When pointing a finger at someone for doing wrong, always remember four are pointing back at you. Just a thought from a 1975 survivor. LOL

MMH

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

It's too bad no JWs actually read the public edition. I haven't read one in years, even when I handle the part for the service meeting I just let the audience tell everyone what they liked. Only a few people comment. Most people just grab magazines before service and never look at the content. I don't even know what is being offered this month.

• pbrow
    pbrow

GOD’S PROPHECIES VERSUS HUMAN PREDICTIONS

Human predictions are often based on such factors as scientific research, analysis of available facts and trends, or even bogus spiritual insight. After making their forecasts, humans typically sit back passively and wait to see what will happen.—Proverbs 27:1.

It is as if the JW's are not colporteurs of "bogus spiritual insight"

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit