Picking on Harold Camping- again

by A.proclaimer 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A.proclaimer
  • A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

This May's new Watchtower Public edition is about prohpecies. It's titled "Can Anyone See the Future?

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20140501/

These are two intersting quotes I found:
    "RELIGIOUS LEADERS sometimes predict tragic worldwide events to warn mankind and gather followers. Doomsday prophet Harold Camping and his disciples widely adver- tised that the earth would be destroyed in 2011. Needless to say, the world is still here." p.3

"GOD’S PROPHECIES VERSUS HUMAN PREDICTIONS
    Human predictions are often based on such factors as scientific research, analysis of available facts and trends, or even bogus spiritual insight". p.6 (emphaisis mine)

• Robert7
    Robert7

I hate the JW cult and their flat-out lying to their flock.

• Emery
    Emery

If there were a religion out there with a similar past to the Watchtower, they would tar and feather it ad nauseam.

• Londo111
    Londo111

"Ask Jehovah’s Witnesses about what the Bible says regarding upcoming events."

Like people did back in 1925? 1975? The Generation that would not pass away?

• sir82
    sir82

"RELIGIOUS LEADERS sometimes predict tragic worldwide events to warn mankind and gather followers. Doomsday prophet Harold Camping religion Jehovah's Witnesses and his their disciples widely adver- tised that the earth would be destroyed in 2011. 1975. Needless to say, the world is still here." p.3

There, fixed that for ya, WT editors......

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"RELIGIOUS LEADERS sometimes predict tragic worldwide events to warn mankind and gather followers. Doomsday prophet Harold Camping

and his disciples widely adver- tised that the earth would be destroyed in 2011. Needless to say, the world is still here." p.3

Harold Camping got his message out "World Wide" in a few months..

The WBT$ has been at it for over 130 years..Nobody knows what their message is..

..........No One Knows..............We`re Here..

........Why We`re Here!......To Count FS Time!..

..................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can't help but think what is says in Romans 2:19-22: "You are convinced that you are a guide of the blind, a light for those in darkness, 20 a corrector of the unreasonable ones, a teacher of young children, and having the framework of the knowledge and of the truth in the Law— 21 do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself? You, the one preaching, “Do not steal,” do you steal? 22 You, the one saying, “Do not commit adultery,” do you commit adultery? You, the one abhorring idols, do you rob temples?"

• steve2
    steve2

Oh, the bald-faced hypocrisy of it all. They have so much in common with Camping.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Watchtower = "pot"

H. Camping = "kettle"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit