Special Assembly Day - tepid applause

by sir82 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

Maybe we missed the message that golf clapping is now the appropriate responce.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Then the poor guy had to stand up all alone and shout out his answers to the "2 questions".

For some reason, I am finding that totally hilarious.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've seen baptism talks at assemblies with nobody getting baptised in a circuit of about 1000 or so. Talk about an awkward talk.

You must be joking. They wouldn't really give the talk with no candidates, would they? Oh, wait, we're talking about the creators of Sparlock. nvrmind

It's just...why...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL I've seen baptism talks at assemblies with nobody getting baptised in a circuit of about 1000 or so.

How stupid would you have to be..

To give a Baptizim Talk,with No One to Baptize..

...Thats Like Serving Dinner Knowing..

................ Nobody`s Coming..

..................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• LogCon
    LogCon

In the 1969, “Peace on Earth” International Assembly in Vancouver, B.C. about 70,000 attended and over 1,600 were baptized.

That's about 1 baptized for every 44 in attendence.

If those statistics were consistant with sir8's2 assembly, about 29 would have been baptized.

Granted the hype of the international assemblies would bring more to the baptism pool but that's a far cry from 1/1300.

What happened with the 'speed up' as the time of the end neared?

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Did the baptism speaker offer a prayer at the end of the talk? Why? is right.

• mariu
    mariu

I've got to admit that I don't understand how it's possible that baptisms keep dropping and dropping in some places since the 1990s (most of Europe for instance, where baptisms have shrunk to a third of what they were in the early 1990s), but publisher counts remain pretty much stable throughout. Sometimes even a one-percent growth is seen.

I used to think that the publisher numbers were reliable (as opposed to the preaching hours), but maybe I'm too naive.

• steve2
    steve2

Did they have a baptismal pool on standby? That one candidate would have made Jehovah very happy - which is great because, according to the literature, many witness youth make Jehovah sad.He deserves some happiness deep into this time of the end.Hell, if the Witnesses could stomach me I'd happily present for re-baptism. I'd do thst much to bring a smile of happiness to Jehovah's lips.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

mariu - "I used to think that the publisher numbers were reliable (as opposed to the preaching hours), but maybe I'm too naive."

Stick around a while.

• sir82
    sir82

I don't understand how it's possible that baptisms keep dropping and dropping in some places since the 1990s (most of Europe for instance, where baptisms have shrunk to a third of what they were in the early 1990s), but publisher counts remain pretty much stable throughout. Sometimes even a one-percent growth is seen.

There is still pretty good growth in 3rd world countries, and in immigrant populations in western lands.

For example, I think the number of JWs in English language congregations in the USA is actually smaller than it was 10 years ago. The Spanish language JWs in the USA pick up the numbers so that overall there is around a 1% growth every year.

Growth is spread very unevenly throughout the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit