Active JW's, can you defend "THE TRUTH?"

by DATA-DOG 387 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

D.O.T also said " No scripture has been altered because it was inspired directly by God.".

I think a little homework outside of WT publications is needed, dear D.O.T Perhaps you may like to read Bart Ehrmanns excellent "Misquoting Jesus" for a start, it is available as a free download on-line.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The light gets brighter excuse for change. When something gets brighter, the light does not get dimmer in the process. Light is added to more light. So something that was wrong, will always be wrong, but there may be continued light as to why it was wrong. But never would light be bright, then get dark, as old light, being discarded and replaced with something new. Many times the light reverts back and forth back and forth. Clearly these are but men’s teachings and not that of Jehovah. EG.

Will the men of Sodom get resurrected? Why have there been so many flip flops on this....

Men of Sodom resurrected yes or no?

Watchtower 1879 Jul 1 p.8

Studies in the Scriptures, Series I p.110

Watchtower 1913 Feb 1 p.45

Watchtower 1920 Oct 15 p.316

Watchtower 1941 p.367

Watchtower 1952 Jun 1 p.335 Watchtower 1952 Jun 1 p.338

Watchtower 1954 Feb 1 p.85

Watchtower 1965 Aug 1 p.479

Watchtower 1967 Jul 1 p.409

Awake 1974 Oct 8 p.20

Watchtower 1988 Jun 1 p.31

Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 1 p.616 (Released Jun 17, 1988)

Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2 p.985

Kingdom Ministry 1989 Dec (US Edition) p.7

Watchtower 1990 Apr 15 p.20

Watchtower 2005 Jul 15 p.31

• Emery
    Emery

The judicial committee process is not found in the bible. Things were brought before the congregation to decide whether a wrong do'er was to be shamed for lucid acts. It was not left up to 3 congregants to decide the social fate of a Christian. The idea is completely absent.

• Brainfloss
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The fact is that the WTS./JWS has revealed some inaccurate teachings found in Christendom but at the

same time created many false teachings all on its own, which were inadvertently related to its literature

proliferation and distribution agenda. That is the "Truth" .

One could say that the WTS. is really a commercialized fraud that fronts itself upon the exploitation of religious

beliefs.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

" I would have to ask, how are the GB given the messages from god directly? "

They are not. I never said that. They are his channel (or mouthpiece) in the sense that God allows them to interpret the Bible with guidance from his Spirit, then publish that interpretation. They may give a wrong interpretation on a verse, such as what Jesus meant by the word generation, but Jehovah will let them reach the correct conclusion, at the time it is needed. We do not need to know some things, such as when the end will come exactly.

" If the watchtower writers do not claim to be inspired then why do they disfellowship those that simply do not agree with them? "
    They do not. The local elders are forced to preserve our precious unity and peace when someone talks to others about their private views that conflict with the FDS teachings, and tries to influence them to draw away from the Truth. Without this protection we would break up into various sects, as many religions have, or spend all day debating what certain words and verses could mean like the Jews in Jesus' day. The preaching could not be accomplished. Besides, we all agree on the main teachings and that the end is near, so causing disagreements over trifling matters is a waste of time.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

" No scriptures altered? What about the new NWT? "
    Unless you read the original greek/hebrew, any Bible you read is a relatively new translation. The Bible needs to be understood by everyone, not just the highly educated ones of this world.

" Either god is involved or he isn’t. "
    His Word is involved, He is not directly responsible for wrong appointments or disfellowshipping decisions. Have you ever heard an elder say ' Jehovah came to me in a dream last night and told me to appoint Brother so-and-so' ?? No.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

" If the elders are ‘guided’ by holy spirit then the holy spirit is working independently of god and therefore not reliable. "
    They are guided by the holy spirit inspired words in the Bible, not moved by it to act in a certain way. I'm not going to keep repeating this, so forgive me if I ignore you if you keep bringing it up, I can see that happening.

DataDog:" WRONG. The disciples were not interpreting anything. They asked a question because they did not know the answer. That is a far cry from saying a WTBTS theory is indisputable fact "
    They were interpreting, that view (of Jesus becoming king at that time on the earth) was an interpretation of prophecy. The Watchtower doesn't promote theory as fact. 1975 was repeatedly said to be a 'possibility'. I'm going to be busy for a while now, don't assume I have 'ran away', as you people are no doubt going to.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They are not. I never said that. They are his channel (or mouthpiece) in the sense that God allows them to interpret the Bible with guidance from his Spirit, then publish that interpretation. They may give a wrong interpretation on a verse, such as what Jesus meant by the word generation, but Jehovah will let them reach the correct conclusion, at the time it is needed. We do not need to know some things, such as when the end will come exactly.

You know this is bonkers don't you?!

'in the sense' is the weasle here. So how does the spirit do this? Please present evidence.

They do not. The local elders are forced to preserve our precious unity and peace when someone talks to others about their private views that conflict with the FDS teachings, and tries to influence them to draw away from the Truth. Without this protection we would break up into various sects, as many religions have, or spend all day debating what certain words and verses could mean like the Jews in Jesus' day. The preaching could not be accomplished. Besides, we all agree on the main teachings and that the end is near, so causing disagreements over trifling matters is a waste of time.

It's the WTBTS that make the rules so don't say it's the elders. This is just protecting the leaders......which JWs are programmed to do.

'forced' is a weasle.

Truth stands up on it's own and to any scrutiny. I did say that people that just walk away without slagging the WTBS off get DF'd. I should know....read my story.

Have you considered you might well be in a cult?

Here's why.....

conflict with the FDS teachings,

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/17537/Proof-that-JW-s-are-a-CULT

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Nearly missed you Frankie.."D.O.T!
    What truth is it exactly youré trying to defend?"

The current understanding of the Faithful Slave, that helps us to learn what the Bible means for us today. Not my views, who am I to think I know better than Jehovahs organisation? Even the FDS doesn't go beyond what the Bible says on a matter. 10th post, gotta go..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit