How often do you see the Witnesses out on the ministry?

by rory-ks 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

The last time I saw JW's in the door to door work was sometime around 2007.

I do see some occasionally in the grocery store where I recieve the Watchtower shun.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They are all over the place here in Manhattan with their stupid carts. They look bored but it is easy time counting. And, isnt that all that matters?

• trujw
    trujw

This a life saving work. thats why they go door to door on Mondays about 9:30 am when 99 percent of me and my neighbors are at work. Only have come to my home once when I was home and after destroying their blood doctrine they literally ran from my door. As they were fast walking away I yelled out I would pray for them. I was pissed wanted to be a return visit.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is not the 1980s, where door to door actually did something. Back then, whatever the media offered was it--and the cat lick and protestant churches had the lock on the media. You might find something about Judaism and Islam if you looked hard enough for it, but it was difficult to get past that. If you really looked hard, you might find something about Wicca or Far Eastern religion, but it would be difficult to locate. Along comes the jokehovian witless, and that seems out of the mainstream. People were (and still are) tired of what is mainstream, since it is blatantly obvious that the cat lick church offers nothing. And the heaven/hell paradigm is worthless to many.

These days, at least until Internet II comes, we have those resources. If you do not like your religion, it takes 10 minutes to research another and see if it's any better. You can sample 15 or 20 different xian religions within the hour without committing to any of them, including obscure ones such as the jokehovians. You can sample such as the Alliance, the Boston Movement, Scientology, Moonies, Seventh Day Adventists, and Twelve Tribes without committing to anything. A day's research is enough to decide if you wish to investigate Judaism or Islam (or both), and doing so is without risk or commitment. You can investigate, without commitment, many Eastern religions and Satanism in ways you couldn't without the Internet. You can go far off the mainstream, finding religions that make sense while being able to see religions that are even worse than the mainstream without having to join them.

However, there is fair warning from astrology. Obviously, the jokehovians are not allowed to directly use astrology. But, Saturn is going to enter Sagittarius this December 23. It goes retrograde later in 2015, and re-enters Scorpio in June 2015 only to re-enter Sagittarius, direct, on September 18, 2015. The last time Saturn went through Sagittarius was in the 1985-88 region, and plenty of jokehovians were out and about in field circus during that period. I found them during that period, and many were placing rags everywhere (that was then the only source of not-mainstream religious information available to me then). I saw some jokehovians in the late fall of 1985 but did not get a return (maybe because I was not home), some born-agains that threw a LIE-ble to me in the fall of 1986, and ended up joining the jokehovians in the fall of 1987 (plus getting a Gideon LIE-ble without further obligation, in November 1987). All of which happened during Saturn's transit of Sagittarius! Be careful during 2015 through the end of 2017 when Saturn enters Capricorn--especially if Internet II prevents you from cross-researching.

Now might be the time to download anything religious that might interest you. Research these cults, research other religions. Get a good basic understanding of them, at least downloading or printing videos and stories/blog posts pertaining to them. Even if you are not interested in joining. Even if you currently do not have time to read them. Print, download, burn. When Internet II comes, and the cults start calling during Saturn's Sagittarius transit, you will be glad you did.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

All the time with their carts obstructing the pavement!!!

saw some yesterday on old fashioned D2D - you can spot them a mile off! But generally, very infrequently in d2d.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I know the preaching does go on. I did it, my wife tries to go out most Saturdays, it's being done in two-hundred-odd lands throughout the world etc. However, it is the discrepancy between the fantasy of the photography and the reality that I am curious about, and the indoctrinating effect that that has.

"Deep down inside even they know it is BS," is a comment worthy of its own thread, but I'll see if it takes here. From my own experience, I hated the field ministry. It might just be because of the kind of character I am, whatever, I never was able to overcome that feeling of dread every time I went door-to-door. I felt aware of how much people disliked having strangers cold-calling trying to sell them something. Street witnessing even more so - hardly anyone likes to be accosted on the street. Underneath it all was this over-riding feeling that ultimately it was Jehovah that was going to sort out who made it and who didn't, and that the little bit of preaching that I was doing wasn't going to make any difference to his decision. I don't think I believed that all these people were going to suffer for it for the want of being preached to by one of Jehovah's Witnesses. That must be the BS that 'deep down inside even they know.'

I'll give it some more thought. It is very interesting.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

I have NEVER seen Jehovah's Witnesses out in my entire life. Seriously. Ever. If it weren't for my boyfriend, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea what they believe. Meanwhile, I see Mormon missionaries at least once a month, if not more often, and I've had more Baptists knock on my door than anything else. Clearly those Jehohos are doing a great job!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I left, and for awhile after, they were getting around the "territory" every 9 or 10 months.

They did my road recently, the first time for two years, quite a difference in just a few years. I think a lot who used to be Reg Pio's no longer are ??

• ambersun
    ambersun

All the JWs I know seem to prefer the carting work these days for some reason. They set up their carts and portable tables outside train stations between 6.00 and 7.00 am to catch the early commuters, even in the middle of winter when it is freezing cold and still dark!

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Wow!!!! They all must be in my neihbourhood.

Mine too Quarterback. I live in a small town about equidistant between two large ones, and they cover my estate two or three times a year. Mind you I've only noticed this since I retired, as most times it's during the week when most peple are at work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit